Anybody have any experience with a 2-box detector?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't like any of them but the Discovery Two Box had the edge over the similar looking Whites. The C-Scope would be my second choice on performance/price. So Discovery, C-Scope then Whites. Unfortunately I haven't seen the Discovery for sale in a good few years and though there will be secondhand ones would you be able to get repairs/service ?

Never spent more than a few minutes with the Fisher so can't comment on that. Pulse hoard designs have really improved and prices are not to bad if you go Polish or Bulgarian. Some U.S. dealers have huge mark ups so watch out if you go that route.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've used the Whites before, one thing you need to do first go over the ground you are searching with a regular metal detector to remove the trash on the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread