Anybody on T-net "Experience " a Cat with Mammary Cancer?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please only reply if you have personally had this situation , not Opinions of what I should do , unless you are truly being helpful.

I have a 11+ yo Kitty with this cancer on her Tummy.
Large lump just , busted last night.

I have known since Jan it was a bad Situation .

We just lost 3 old cats in 2016 , all in a 2+ month span.

She mostly has stayed in the Bedroom with me since before Christmas.

She has been eating & Drinking but not as much since yesterday.
She seems comfortable , but I can that tell that She knows something is Wrong.

I really don't even know what i'm asking for. & On a Treasure Forum but I'm really active on 2 forum's barely on Face Book & check my e-mail once a week maybe???

So I feel more comfy with the people Here.

She is a "Touch me not type" & it's gonna be hard tending to the spot on her tummy.
I have a few "Pain" killer doses left from our kitty last year & the Vet said they would give me more but she is already Constipated :BangHead:
I guess the Vet can help with this but She is hard to give pill's to.

Ill know what to do when the time comes, but it still Sux!

Thanks for any reply's , I guess I just need to rant.
Davers

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I am so sorry hearing this. Year before last we lost all three of our elderly cats 15-17 years old. Mom at 91 now was crushed, just sat in her chair crying for more than a month.

I was turned on to a cat rescue lady and picked up three kitten brothers.

I very sincerely believe they saved Mom's life.

And just a bit ago I was petting my soulmate kitty and found a lump on his side. I'll be watching that.

The best to you.

Cat's rule, dogs are dumb.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all the reply's are comforting.
DeepseekerADS I recall reading yr story and Very glad your Mom got to feeling better.
back in the Fall , I went through a rough time of Depression from the loss of the Cat's + a few other things.
Halloween - New Year thinking back is a Blurr. 'Hope yr Cat's Lump is really nothing serious .'.

RustyGold
Thank you for your Kind Words, & they are oh so true.

Funny just yesterday , I was at a Friends House & 3 of her Cat's have had litters about a Month ago.
&
looking into that Box with all 10 of those little Faces looking up at Me brought a Joy (that I find hard to explain).

I would love to take 1 or 2 from her but , We got sick Kitty + 4 other 10+ yo Cat's , & I know they would be Jealous.

It was so sweet the Youth of those Kittens Eye's & then to come home to see the Love, Knowledge , & Personality of each of our Older "Beasts" as I jokingly call them.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat, Tippy, have cancer, I do not know what kind. Took her to a vet, needs a operations which I cannot afford. But, she is doing just fine.

If your animals are sick, take them to a vet.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help answer your question, but I sure feel bad for you and your cat. I wish the best for both of you.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cat, Tippy, have cancer, I do not know what kind. Took her to a vet, needs a operations which I cannot afford. But, she is doing just fine.

If your animals are sick, take them to a vet.

Ahhhh. OK.
Thanks for your reply.

& Hope yr Kitty Stays Healthy as long as possible.
GD

Last edited:
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this Davers. I'm a dog guy, but the pain is the same. You are among friends and we will help if we can. Vent as much as you need to Bud.

HH, RN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to hear about your cat. I also have a "touch me not" cat, adopted from a rescue five years ago, and still doesn't allow me to pick her up. It is a tough spot to be in because you are so limited in medical care you can give them when you can't get a pill in them or even catch them to get them to vet. I recognize that this may shorten her life considerably but you just give them the best life you can until they get too sick to allow them to continue.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this Davers. I'm a dog guy, but the pain is the same. You are among friends and we will help if we can. Vent as much as you need to Bud.

Thanks RN, Dog , Cat , Bird , Fish. It always hurts when they move on.
Now go get some Carved Pieces. That I know you love.
Davers

HH, RN[/QUOTE
I am sorry to hear about your cat. I also have a "touch me not" cat, adopted from a rescue five years ago, and still doesn't allow me to pick her up. It is a tough spot to be in because you are so limited in medical care you can give them when you can't get a pill in them or even catch them to get them to vet. I recognize that this may shorten her life considerably but you just give them the best life you can until they get too sick to allow them to continue.

Thanks SuasnMN
I know you are right.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that your' cat has Cancer! We have both cats and and only one dog now, Ricochet a solid white Jack Russell as we had to have his' buddy, Turtle a Beagle put down. One of our' outdoor cats from years ago, developed Mastitis and the Vet gave us antibiotics and an antibiotic cream for her. When the Mastitis infection came to a head like a bump, she actually chewed it out of her' breast and we spent a lot of time cleaning the wound, then had to apply a lot of the antibiotic cream before applying a bandage to the spot each day. It healed and she was okay for several more years but got hit by a car. Before she got the Mastitis she was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia, the Vet said that she would not live another year and would die an agonizing death but she actually lived at least 4 years beyond the diagnosis with no problems except the Mastitis. There are a lot of plants outside that can benefit your' cat, so let her out if you can. Many vegetables are great at fighting Cancer, such as tomatoes and carrots and some greens and if you can introduce these ground up in her' food, they might help.

I wish the best of luck for and with your' cat!

Frank

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that your' cat has Cancer! We have both cats and and only one dog now, Ricochet a solid white Jack Russell as we had to have his' buddy, Turtle a Beagle put down. One of our' outdoor cats from years ago, developed Mastitis and the Vet gave us antibiotics and an antibiotic cream for her. When the Mastitis infection came to a head like a bump, she actually chewed it out of her' breast and we spent a lot of time cleaning the wound, then had to apply a lot of the antibiotic cream before applying a bandage to the spot each day. It healed and she was okay for several more years but got hit by a car. Before she got the Mastitis she was diagnosed with Feline Leukemia, the Vet said that she would not live another year and would die an agonizing death but she actually lived at least 4 years beyond the diagnosis with no problems except the Mastitis. There are a lot of plants outside that can benefit your' cat, so let her out if you can. Many vegetables are great at fighting Cancer, such as tomatoes and carrots and some greens and if you can introduce these ground up in her' food, they might help.

I wish the best of luck for and with your' cat!

Frank

I appreciate you reply Huntsman, that sux your cat went through all that just to be hit by a car.

We lost 3 or 4 by car over the years. The last being 3 years ago. ' A sweet Stray that my then 6 yo Came to love, that was real hard.

Back in late Jan or early Feb the Vet said there was really nothing they could do.

Since Friday she has gotten weaker but still eats a little & drinks some water.

I can tell she is uncomfortable with that 'Golf Ball' on her Tummy. But She has learned to lay where it's most comfy (Usually propped on my leg).

It will work out in the End tho.

Hey I know you love Coins (Errors/ Varieties) there is a Big Coin Show in Dalton Ga, in the next 2 weeks if I recall right. Maybe you can check it out if it's not to far a Drive.

If not Cool..
Hope the best for you & yours.
Davers:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread