Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
posted a true story about myself, cousin and Cherokee signs, an old Indian
don't know where it got to
N of Chattanooga,TN, near a mound and waterfall.
was on 3-31-24
I wasn'r
through with the story, because the Cherokee marked signs in "3's"
I had only listed 1, a stone wheel with 3 pointers on it.
So be it

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my boat crew partners found artifacts on the sea bottom which led to finding a Spanish galleon.
Does that qualify?
Don in SoCal.
Well I believe it does!!

magua

Sep 18, 2022
Long ago, I had a friend metal detecting while I chilled on a hillside and I looked up and noticed a wooden fence post that appeared to have a perfect crack line horizontally that went all the way around. I messed with it and after some tussling, it popped off like a cork top and an old mason jar with a cap that rusted straight through was wedged down inside. I think there were about 8 coins. 6 wheat pennies and 2 dimes. . 😆 but there were no trail leading up to my big find.. it was a fluke that I noticed it.

Big spenders hiding those big bucks!

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a dark and stormy night, I’m navigating my way through an pitch black room with only the tips of my fingers dragging along the wall, the occasional flash of lightning to help illuminate my surroundings. One long bright flash leaves my eyes star burst and struggling to readjust. Just then an unmistakeable crunch under my right foot. I immediately dropped to my hands and knees feeling frantically in all directions moving forward slowly. A few more tense seconds pass before another artifact found it’s way to my fingers. I’m on its trail now. Pressing on for what feels like hours, sweat beading on my forehead, im so close. With one long flash of light bursting through the windows, a loud crack of thunder, just then I see the silhouette through my haze. Easter basket! Annie’s gonna be pissed if I eat more than a few pieces.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my boat crew partners found artifacts on the sea bottom which led to finding a Spanish galleon.
Does that qualify?
Don in SoCal.
Hey Mac, just a long shot question here - do you know a salvor in SoCal named Jeff K.?

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys. Im curious. Has anybody here ever found a marker or something that lead them to a buried hoard or treasure?
You mean like... ? 😁🤣
1712064430543.png

I guess it depends on your definitions of some of those terms... (buried, hoard, treasure).

I've done things like scavenger/"treasure" hunts, geocaches, et al.

Never felt... motivated enough for that kind of stuff. :dontknow:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Long ago, I had a friend metal detecting while I chilled on a hillside and I looked up and noticed a wooden fence post that appeared to have a perfect crack line horizontally that went all the way around. I messed with it and after some tussling, it popped off like a cork top and an old mason jar with a cap that rusted straight through was wedged down inside. I think there were about 8 coins. 6 wheat pennies and 2 dimes. . 😆 but there were no trail leading up to my big find.. it was a fluke that I noticed it.

Nice find!

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SDCFIA,
Sorry, never heard of him.
Is he a treasure salvor or a commercial salvor?
Don.....
Commercial, but he had an interesting connection to a recovered land cache several years ago as related to him by a leading West Coast lawyer/facilitator in the salvage disposal game.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Does that qualify?
Don in SoCal.
Absolutely! We don't have anything like treasures or things like you guys found. It's a very alien thing to us here. There are some legends and things in Aus but all proved nothing. Nothing remotely happens here.

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500

That's still a cool find though.👍

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Long Long Time Ago...We were having a family reunion at my Mom's house.
All my little nieces and nephews were there.
The day before. I collected some of my old marbles, pocket knife and other nicknacks which I had left behind at home, and I added a pile of those gold wraped chocolate coins which they sold back then.
I put them all in an old wooden jewelry box I had made in school shop, wraped a chain around it and used an old padlock to secure the lid, after that, I buried it in a local mound of dirt in the back yard, with just a little of the top exposed.
That night after our BQ, we sat around the camp fire where I told the young ones how Pirates once roamed these Praires and buried treasures in mounds of dirt just like that one over there.
I bet them, that if they looked close, maybe they might even ,find a buried treasure.
Well, they scurried off and it was not long before screams of glea were heard and they came dragging their treasure chest back to us.
I told them (knowing the combination lock's number) that I could probably pick it by listening to the tumblers.
I took my time and when it broke open there was a frenzy.
My youngest nephew grabed the pocket knife opening it up and running around with the biggest grin on his face.
The look on my sister's face was one of horror but she let him keep it, she told me later he slept with it by his bed every night until he left home.
The treasure was not one of gold, silver or jewels...but the look of excitement on those little faces sure was!

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day before. I collected some of my old marbles, pocket knife and other nicknacks which I had left behind at home, and I added a pile of those gold wraped chocolate coins which they sold back then.
I put them all in an old wooden jewelry box I had made in school shop, wraped a chain around it and used an old padlock to secure the lid, after that, I buried it in a local mound of dirt in the back yard, with just a little of the top exposed.
That night after our BQ, we sat around the camp fire where I told the young ones how Pirates once roamed these Praires and buried treasures in mounds of dirt just like that one over there.
I bet them, that if they looked close, maybe they might even ,find a buried treasure.
Well, they scurried off and it was not long before screams of glea were heard and they came dragging their treasure chest back to us.
I told them (knowing the combination lock's number) that I could probably pick it by listening to the tumblers.
My youngest nephew grabed the pocket knife opening it up and running around with the biggest grin on his face.
The look on my sister's face was one of horror but she let him keep it, she told me later he slept with it by his bed every night until he left home.
The treasure was not one of gold, silver or jewels...but the look of excitement on those little faces sure was!
Your story reminded me of when I was a kid, and used to bury my childhood "treasures" in a canister behind the garage... 🤔

And no, there's nothing left behind; I dug it up before going to college. 😉

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet. I really haven't had the time to dig out every possible spot these hidden treasures might be.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked that story alot !! 🫡🫡

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not yet.

I say that because I think there is something special in my neck of the woods just haven’t had a chance to give it a go.

I’ve been to the property numerous times and have some sort of connection every time I set foot on it. It was right near some action during the Revolutionary War and was in a gray area that was basically run by a group called the cowboys. A few homes in the area were burned during the Revolution as well. I’m not one of those dreamer types or believer in previous lives but I had several vivid dreams I was among a group hiding in the attic of this property when either British or hessian soldiers, or possibly a cowboy gang came by with torches lit looking for spoils of war. The original house no longer stands, but the property and some outbuildings are still relatively untouched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread