anyone have a 1930s map/link to hwy 60 route coachella to blythe california.

Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other
in the 1930s there were several gas?/rest? stops on hwy 60 between coachella and blythe california mostly owned by a colorful character named Desert Steve Ragsdale

desert center, hell, cactus city etc. Steve owned one more stop on the route that he named Utopia am hoping someone has a map showing where Utopia on hwy 60 Was.
no treasure involved this is for a friend who is working on a history of Desert Steve Ragsdale thank you Luann

S

stefen

USGS maps might provide possible locations...

In that various business locations were called Utopia doesn't mean that there was a Utopia...

I happen to have a collection of post cancelled postal stamps for every city, every county in the 48 states dating from 1890's thru 1960's. There are no post offices in or near those areas named Utopia.
's

OP
OP
I

Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other
-snip- . There are no post offices in or near those areas named Utopia.
's
I appologise if my request sounded sort of stupid to you - I promise you research was done before i posted here and will continue here and elsewhere.
I am not looking for official usgs maps but road maps / route maps like one from triple A of southern california.
the location of the other gas/rest stops are known for sure.
all watering stops on the hwy 60 in the 1930's would have been listed on a driver's route map for saftey's sake. its a desert route - in the 1930s people sometimes died of heat/thirst here when their cars broke down. the usgs maps do not list Utopia and I did not expect them to. but i have noticed real treasure hunters esp those who like to go metal hunting in abandoned / vacant lots etc tend to know where to find a route map or something with directions that has the old and obscure place names.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread