Anyone have a 3" flare?

BigBud

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Martinsville, Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone have a extra or be willing to trade for a 3" Jet Flare? I have been using a a traffic cone mounted in wood for the past few years and the wood finally rotted out on me. If anyone has any has one please let me know, or if you have a idea on how to make one that is better than a traffic cone please feel free to let me know.
Thanks,
Ryan

Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Build a cardboard mold and cover it with fiberglass resin and cloth.....make any shape you can imagine

OP
OP
B

BigBud

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Martinsville, Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys, Both of those are good ideas. How do you bond the ABS plastic together? epoxy or something? ive never worked with it before so im not to knowledgeable about the subject. time to search the internet.

OP
OP
B

BigBud

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Martinsville, Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Damn, I just cant catch a break this year. Since im broke i just went ahead and used the other traffic cone i had to make a flare and I got that finished yesterday. So today i was getting ready to drag the dredge to the pond to make sure everything was working, and notice a big 10-12" crack on the pontoon. Any of you gus know how to fix something like that? silicone caulk or bondo/fiberglass? i am frustrated as hell. I want/need to dredging!
thanks

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
can you pop for $7.00 JB weld plastic bonder will bond Thermal plastics to all kinds of things. Its a 1to1 part mix will soft set in 15min and good to go in 30min. I just did the same thing the other day but only 4" so I Know it works

Bill

OP
OP
B

BigBud

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2013
Martinsville, Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will have to find get some. I have some weird clay like epoxy with a greenish center that you roll in your hand to mix the 2 parts. wonder if thatll work. Might just go with the jb weld since you have had luck with it.
Thanks for your reply. appreciate it.
Ryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread