Anyone in the Montgomery/Autauga/Elmore Co., Al. area?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....We go through there when we go to the beach! ;D

Sorry....I'm in north Alabama.....and....I rarely ever see anyone detecting here either.... :-\

Welcome to the forum and hope you find good places to go!

Nana ;)

jlewisk

Apr 4, 2005
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Whites MXT
Pistoloro,

Just up the road from you, I'm in Marbury. Shoot me an email and maybe we can get together and hit some spots.

John

OP
OP
P

Pistolero

Sep 27, 2005
Millbrook, Al.
Hello Nana and John,
Nana, where in N. Alabama do you live? I lived in Athens for about 9 years and spent a couple of years researching, riding the roads, etc., until I found three or four different Yankee camp sites from where the Union 16th Army Corps came through in 1864. I managed to go to one with my detector and chose to hunt near a creek, figuring that their mounted services or officers must have been closer to the water. All I found was some weird small rectangular chuncks of metal. I figured it might have been where a blacksmith or farrier shop had been set up. I also went to one other that a guy showed me out west of town on Hy 72. He said it had been a base camp for Gen. Forrest. We went there and my buddy found a bullet within a few minutes. He said he had found bullets, breast plates, etc.. All I found was the horseshoe shaped heel iron of a brogan and a double handful of small nails like might be in the heel of the brogans, all at the same spot. If it was a base camp of sorts then I must have found the cobbler's spot. They were all so rusty they were crumbling apart so I just left them there. Figured somebody might be happy to find them.

John, sounds good. I would love to get together. My buddy and I have yet to go detecting and have no idea where to go or anything around here. I will definately e-mail you, or better yet, give me a hollar at [email protected] . I like Marbury. My grandmother taught school there like in the 1920s and her father, my great grandfather, Rev. Wm. Henry White, was the paster of the Presbyterian Church there (is it still there?). One of my grandmother's Uncles, my gr. gr. uncle Adam McCauley Stenhouse, is buried up there at a cemetery. No one knew where his grave was so my uncle finally had a nice stone made and not knowing where his grave was, just sat it out at the end of a row of graves. Probably shocked someone to go there and see a new stone sitting there next to their kin. I wish there was a way to find out where his grave really is so we can put the stone in the proper spot over his grave. Anyway, I go up to the Confederate Memorial Park here and there. I like that little museum.
Take care,
David Edelen
Millbrook, Al..
Author of "MORE GHOSTS AND EERIE TALES OF ALABAMA; True Tales of the Supernatural and the Unexplained!" www.publishamerica.com/books/8363

C

chairdoc

Hi, I am in south eastern Alabama. I am in Louisville, Barbour County. I just started "detecting" in this area. So far I have found several CSA artillery rounds (Chairdoc) and several hundred arrowheads. I also own a place in west Alabama in Marengo County. I normally hunt alone but I have a partner who is local to this area. We have found some really good sites and we plan to dig in later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread