Anyone near Killeen or Dallas, TX?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, my name is Edward and I am looking for friends to detect with. During the week, I live/work in Killeen and I return home to Dallas on weekends.

Kileen was one of the best places I had been to arrowhead hunt. I was stationed there about 13 years ago. Those creeks around that area are ancient and it is as simple as getting a topographical map and getting out.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

Jan 1, 2015
Old East Dallas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Pinpointer "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool. Any particular area?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's really cool. Any particular area?

All around Fort Hood. Northern part past Gatesville is productive. There was an arrow head range north of Fort Hood and you paid a fee to dig. I found little there, but I also found some great pieces. Friend of mine found a broken Folsom point. I found a point literally stepping out of my truck the first time I went there.

BE CAREFUL. People out there are very possessive of their properties. You can stay in the creeks where you don't get harassed, or better yet, network and go to some artifact conventions or "Knap Offs". Look for old river beds and areas where there were confluences of old springs.

I never dug in Austin, but my buddies did and they came back with a big box of points one weekend.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

Jan 1, 2015
Old East Dallas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Thank you, Pointman! Yes, I'm very wary of trespassing and wouldn't go without someone in the know.

SuarezLuis

Nov 9, 2015
Fort Hood TX
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in fort Hood and just bought my first detector, lets get together for a hunt

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

Jan 1, 2015
Old East Dallas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back in Dallas now, SaurezLuis, but I have met SallySue, he's a very nice guy. Message him, he has some buddies in the area to hunt with.

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother was stationed at hood, now I think he's in Dallas he doesn't have a detector but just started asking me about old coins, I should have look around Craig'slist in his area and convince him to get one
Kyle-

PBrad

Greenie
Jan 7, 2016
Fort Hood, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, I'm on Fort Hood as well. There are some interesting areas around here, getting permission is a little harder. However, stay off of Fort Hood. It is extremely protected and monitored 24/7 and they won't hesitate to lock you up and confiscate your equipment. There was an incident a few weeks ago where the FBI was involved in the investigation. This particular fellow may be loosing more than just his detector.

SuarezLuis, if you are interested in what Fort Hood has, visit the Archaeology Dept. There are over 3500 historic and prehistoric registered sites. I've been researching them ever since I came here and it's very interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions