Anyone tried the 15" coil on the F75 or T2 "What are the results?"

Mendoman

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone found the New 15" coil from Fisher to be of any value when it comes to finding deeper coins?
Does it cover more ground per pass? and does the DST help in the trash areas with such a large coil.
All I have been able to find are people using it on the beach, is this all it's good for?

:hello:I would like to know more from either F75 or T2 users.
Thanks

Bill

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would bet not much improvement. Bigger coils work on bigger targets, not necessarily small targets deeper. I hit as deep with a 6.5" as I do the 11" on dimes and nickels. Quarters and halves I'd have to give the advantage to the 11" DD, hut probably no more than an inch. And most I find are 6' to 10" deep.

undrpar59golf

Jun 22, 2014
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a 1910 wheat at 12 inches with my 15 inch dd coil..je mode 99 sens..it's heavy but its worth it if theres deep coins around..i use it in open fields (schools etc...)

OP
OP
M

Mendoman

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply to Charlie P. and Undrpar

i found a 1910 wheat at 12 inches with my 15 inch dd coil..je mode 99 sens..it's heavy but its worth it if theres deep coins around..i use it in open fields (schools etc...)

Thanks, Charlie P. & Undrpar sounds like it's a 50/50 decision. Anyone else have anything to say?
I think a penny size target at 11" to 12" is quite deep.

:sad1:To be honest I have never found a Quarter deeper than 8" or a dime deeper than 6", but I know they exist.
A fellow Club member pulls deep silver to 10" with a 8" coil on his CZ-5 or 6, go figure:icon_scratch:

My 11" DD will not hit on a 10" dime and just Faintly on a quarter, ground bal. in mid. 50's, and I don't run my Sens. at 99 I usually hunt around 79-85. But in my coin garden I crank her up to 99 and get cleaner hits but with less stable numbers than I would normally dig.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking in to see if someone else has had as good of results as Undrpar has.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True story - deepest dime I ever dug was 10". A 1986 Roosevelt! Had been silted in beside a river. Talk about disappointed.

Where I normally hunt a 15" coil covers too must acreage and the iron and trash would be too much. I like the 6.5" x 4" Elliptical Concentric for blowing through the top trash into the older silver below. Takes longer but seperates out the tough ones; faster sweep the better.

Get one even if you do get the 15" ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread