OP
OP
J

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Just wanted to say that I was incorrect with the information regarding the minimum pulse delay on the AQ1B.
The minimum pulse delay is in fact 40µs which is quite weak on a range of targets (low conductors) but very strong on others (high conductors).

I will hope to add further information to this thread at a later date so stay tuned !

Good to hear from down under! Keep the info coming...it is much appreciated !

I am not much of a theorist, but your observations on the Aquapulse are spot on: the Aquapulse is NOT designed to find gold toe rings in shallow water !! It is designed to find high conductors in deep water !! Imagine that !!

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Can the Aquapulse pick up 14k gold rope chains? I was trying to look for one but couldn't find it, I too am having a hard time picking up thinner gold 14k bands. Kind of a bummer because alot of older diamond wedding rings are lost and the bands are on the thinner side!! I noticed that this machine loves metal!! Anything metal it just loves, why not the thin gold bands? I don't understand, I guess this is where I am a little disappointed in this machine! I noticed that I wasn't picking up nickels too once I turned the know 1 stop up from minimum. Why does this machine pick up the smallest pieces of metal but not the thin gold? Can anyone give me some help about this because not all of us has the opportunity to search a galleon!! Lol, hoping to hear from someone about this...Aloha

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danny,

I have sent you a PM.

Don't forget to have another read of all the other information I sent you prior to you purchasing the Aquapulse.

Regards,
Tony.

quicho1961

Greenie
May 15, 2007
Does anyone knows where i can buy the two waterproof connectors for loop and headphones on aquapulse AQ2B?
This is needed because mines are broken and don´t allow me to use the detector on the water

quicho1961

Greenie
May 15, 2007
connector 2.jpg connector 1.jpg connector 3.jpg
Does any member know where i can get the two chasis connectors for aquapulse aq2b (loop and headphones connectors)
Mine are broken and now i can`t use the detector on the water
Please reply also to my email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance and regards
Nelson

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco is also authorized repair center for Aquascan products but I don't think they sell parts so you may need to send it in for repair..

OP
OP
J

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au is right about Kellyco. They do the USA repairs as well.

There might be a distributor/ repair center closer to your location in Chile. You might have to email Aquascan to find out for sure.

I understand the impulse for "do it yourself".

The connector is a 2 conductor female Ikelite, I believe #4105. I don't think you will be able to buy directly from Ikelite and I don't think they allow distributors to sell directly to the public, either. I think the same connector is used on the Excal battery pods...it was definitely used on the old Garrett Sea Hunters.

If you are really bold and confident, your best bet might be to cannibalize an old detector or battery pod for that part. Old Sea Hunters pop-up on ebay occasionally (and bring CRAZY prices !!!)

quicho1961

Greenie
May 15, 2007
Hi and thanks for all your help.
My aquapulse is now fix. I replaced the brokens connectors with by brand new ones.
I also replace the old Nicad battery pack with new AA pack of NiMh
The detector is now ready to go on my next trip to the beach here in Santiago Chile.

quicho1961;483 2507 said:
View attachment 1263222 View attachment 1263223 View attachment 1263224
Does any member know where i can get the two chasis connectors for aquapulse aq2b (loop and headphones connectors)
Mine are broken and now i can`t use the detector on the water
Please reply also to my email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance and regards
Nelson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread