Are There Any Low Latency Receivers That Will Pair With A Deus Remote?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have a Deus remote you don't really need the Deus puck to make adjustments or to change programs. That's a lot of money for something that you don't really need or use. You just need a low latency receiver ($40) without all those controls to attach your wired backphones to. Right?

tabman

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't really understand what you are trying to accomplish?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would think that it would require the programming and set up that the puck has built in but what do I know?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus uses a proprietary wireless protocol for wireless audio transmission to the WS4 and WS5, not bluetooth. It does use bluetooth to link to the phone app but not for audio. If you don't mind adding claptrap, you can plug a cheap BT APTX LL transmitter (about the size of a thumb drive with an attached folding mini audio plug, $20-30) into the h/p jack on the remote and pair that up with some BT APTX LL headphones $20 -$50. The WS4's are completely submersible, so you would want to get IPX6 or 7 rated earbuds for WP or weatherproof audio. HTH.

BTW tried out the above as a way to get the XP Pinpointer to transmit to a pair of BT headphones I was using with my Equinox. I abandoned the project, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions