army medal and ribbons

Krissy

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to identify this medal and these ribbons. The only one I found on a google search was the green and white arm commendation ribbon in line 2.
IMG_1810.JPG FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg IMG_1810.JPG FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender-2.jpg

OP
OP
K

Krissy

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your response, but most of them are not on there.

OP
OP
K

Krissy

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have searched all over the internet, but no luck

OP
OP
K

Krissy

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, yes they do look like ROTC, but it doesn't say what each one was for. I know he entered the army about 1963, as a Second Lieutenant on the air defense board at Fort Bliss. He also was sent to Germany and Japan for awhile.
Maybe the medal is ROTC too.
Thanks everyone for your help, so kind!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
It looks like a mixture of ribbons mainly from ROTC programs, the first one is a Scabbard and Blade ribbon. You also have a Warrior Flight Award Ribbon, a Pershing Rifles Membership Ribbon, a Gold Valor Award and perhaps a United Nations Service Ribbon. You can't limit your search to strictly military and/or to one specific branch of the military. Search Civil Air Patrol, Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine ROTC and JRROTC programs. The first image (Ribbon with Medal) could be from any club or society, i.e., Rotary, Lions, hard to say, it doesn't look military to me but, it could also be an ROTC deal.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
For the ROTC (Vanguard) matches that you find, locate the number beneath the ribbon and do a specific search, i.e., Vanguard Ribbon 3001. That is how you may find what the specific award was for.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
These look like ROTC ribbons, not Army, please look at the link I provided.

I have to agree on that, with the exception for the drug interdiction ribbon.

OP
OP
K

Krissy

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for taking the time to help!
Kristen

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct about the Army Comm. Medal, but the others? I do not know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread