Arrowhead Identification Help Please

bcbirdman

Apr 14, 2023
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey everyone, I'm new to posting in the arrowhead forum. Found this small point this last weekend and was hoping for some help identifying the specific style of point this is to get a better idea about age. I've looked on projectilepoints.net for all the points in Indiana, and my best guess is a "Wade Barbed" point but not confident.

There don't seem to be many Indiana projectile points with this shape and also a non-expanding stem. I don't know if this helps, but I will say that the base of the stem appears to have a small notch in the middle and from the top of the stem to the base, the thickness tapers to a thinner base. Location found is about 20 miles north of Terre Haute, Indiana. From the base to the broken tip, it measures about 1.5 inches. Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 3

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
That’s a nice little point find. I’m no help being in Georgia. Most states have their own names even though lots look like the same type.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I think we have a couple people from your area that might know the type if they see the post

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a bit unfortunate that typology varies from region to region, a lot of knowledge on this board just limited to the areas we know. It’s an interesting point even if I can’t help it’s nice to see what’s coming out of the ground around the country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread