AT pro pulls first gold ring and it is 24k

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a park this morning. Popping usual clad and some wheats. Had a few game tokens so when I got a high tone 73 on AT pro thought lets see what this token is. Out pops a ring. Thinking it has to be plated silver with the tone and vdi#. The ring is marked 99 and since 24k is so rare still not 100% it is real. Get home and test it and holds 22k acid no problem. So not only my first gold ring from the turf but my first 24k gold anything (have pulled gold and platinum from the beach but no 24k). It is beat up and this park has been pounded but many others must have gone by it thinking it was just another piece of trash. Glad it was left for me.

Pulled $13 in clad 5 wheats some junk rings and even my first complete pocket watch. corroded insides but can see where the brass had a copper coating and gold plating at one time. It was 6-8" deep and near a wheat I pulled. I have gotten insides of pocket watches but this is first full pocket watch.

All in all a great day. See if I can get lucky and get more 24k. So rare to find so even better as my first gold from turf.

Attachments

• 24k gold ring.jpg
    24k gold ring.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 144
  • pocket watch front.jpg
    pocket watch front.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 252

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Very nice !! What's the weight of that gold ring. Looks fairly thick thick and chunky! Well done!!

OP
OP
M

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice !! What's the weight of that gold ring. Looks fairly thick thick and chunky! Well done!!
It is a smaller ting (maybe toe or pinky) Weighs 3.7grams. Good wt for the size but 24k has weight to it. Knew it was something when I felt the weight in my hand for such a small ring. Wish they could all be 24 instead of those lightweight 14k.

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an impressive find josh,congrats

CaballoDeOro

Jun 29, 2012
Southwest MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks pretty old, maybe late 19th/early 20th century. Nice find!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Wow! You don't find rings often with that high gold %. You have bragging rites for that one.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread