AT PRO VS HUNTED OUT PARK

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
Ok, going to a hard hit park that is very old, havent seen anyone out there in a while just passing by, going to give er a shot with the AT Pro since when I do see someone out there it seems they have OLD machines lime from the 80's, so maybe technology will be on my side for some silve? Gonna hit the tot lots first and score the easy stuff lol then i will get to diggjn!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
Outstanding dale3fan28. I will wait here to see your finds.

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted on what you find!

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to hunted out parks and still found stuff. Those old timers with their old machines know their machines but I cant imagine every square inch being covered.
I went to a club picnic with a seeded beach hunt on a small beach. Not all the seeded coins were found, i fact some from last year were picked up this year.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, going to a hard hit park that is very old, havent seen anyone out there in a while just passing by, going to give er a shot with the AT Pro since when I do see someone out there it seems they have OLD machines lime from the 80's, so maybe technology will be on my side for some silve? Gonna hit the tot lots first and score the easy stuff lol then i will get to diggjn!

Good luck! Use that 5x8 Pro coil!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit a park this morning that is very heavily hunted. I went there because I knew there was a carnival there on Sat and Sun. Well when I got there someone had already cherry picked the area and didn't leave much other than a few holes barely covered. Anyway I found a few pennies and one quarter to cherry pick. I hunted this park hard last year with my ACE 250 so I didn't expect to find much. Well I ended up with $6.83 this morning and l dug it all except one quarter and a few pennies. I even found a cpl quarters in holes the other guy dug but probably didn't recheck before he partially filled it.

My feeling is parks regenerate themselves due to traffic. Even old parks i don't think anyone ever gets it all. I often times get a hit at the edge of an area i already covered.

I found one penny in the tot lot...lol..

I am doing another heavily hunted park tomorrow morning. I hunted this park with my Ace 250 as well and thought i did well but I have a gut feeling my AT PRO will find what I missed last year with my Ace 250.

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
I hit a park this morning that is very heavily hunted. I went there because I knew there was a carnival there on Sat and Sun. Well when I got there someone had already cherry picked the area and didn't leave much other than a few holes barely covered. Anyway I found a few pennies and one quarter to cherry pick. I hunted this park hard last year with my ACE 250 so I didn't expect to find much. Well I ended up with $6.83 this morning and l dug it all except one quarter and a few pennies. I even found a cpl quarters in holes the other guy dug but probably didn't recheck before he partially filled it. My feeling is parks regenerate themselves due to traffic. Even old parks i don't think anyone ever gets it all. I often times get a hit at the edge of an area i already covered. I found one penny in the tot lot...lol.. I am doing another heavily hunted park tomorrow morning. I hunted this park with my Ace 250 as well and thought i did well but I have a gut feeling my AT PRO will find what I missed last year with my Ace 250.

Nice!!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go to hunted out parks here in Spokane. you'll find a lot of clad and stink in Lincolns from 1 to about 3" but you'll find some great stuff at 6" and deeper. Been finding lot of Merc's but picked up a couple of Barber dimes, a V nickel, and 1898 Dos Centavos (Argentina) and a lot of early teen and prior wheats. Go pro mode, max sensitivity, all metal and slow. Gotta love the AT Pro

metaljunkie

Sep 15, 2013
Thunder Bay
Detector(s) used
Deus with 11" coil
Home made water kit for deus
Garrett at pro with stock coil
5x8 coil
nel hunter coil
Pro pointer
Garrett euro ace
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too have an old park I hunt. It's huge with lots of history from the 1800's. Lots of shallow targets have been found. But the best stuff is near the 8 inch mark. Old silver and copper coins from the 1800's! I actually discriminate by the depth reading. Only listening for the faint quiet signals, with a depth maxing out on the depth gauge. As long as I hear a high tone, even mixed with some low tones I dig. Doing this has found me lots of old silver dimes and five cent silver. I started hunting this way the last two hunts. The difference is amazing in my finds. Before I would be lucky to find one or two silver. The last two hunts, I have found a total of 13 silver coins! Roughly 10 hours of hunting. Too bad the snow is here now. So just waiting for the thaw, to continue my fun.

So keep it up and listen for those quiet signals. You may too, just find the ticket to old silver as I did.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice merk. Some parks have been hunted to death and are a waste of time but there are some that still have some goodies. One never knows until you hunt the specific area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions