Attracting Investors WW2 Salvage

neilcox1204

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

i have a project ongoing to salvage some WW2 German Items from a shipwreck, the project will be covered by the History Channel.

I have some investors already but has anyone on here got any experience in attracting new investors and what is the best way to structure the financial side of thing with regard to return on their investment?

I was thinking of setting it up so i sell 20 shares at a fixed price and a % of the profit would be split between these 20 shares. Any other suggestions on the best way to do it are welcome.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Do you have a boat, equipment, crew, permit to salvage, permit to sell the artifacts?
Do you have a lawyer who will prepare contracts? Do you have a budget?
Have you been to the wreck? How have you appraised what might be salvaged?
The 'pie' contains only 100%; how do you propose to slice it up between, the government, equipment suppliers, the owner of the salvage vessel, the investors; and key people in your group including yourself?
Don.....
Welcome to treasurenet !!

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
almost certainly, can you imagine the lawsuits to derive?
equipment my but
t

nc may get his footage, the investors ulcers

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

i have a project ongoing to salvage some WW2 German Items from a shipwreck, the project will be covered by the History Channel.

I have some investors already but has anyone on here got any experience in attracting new investors and what is the best way to structure the financial side of thing with regard to return on their investment?

I was thinking of setting it up so i sell 20 shares at a fixed price and a % of the profit would be split between these 20 shares. Any other suggestions on the best way to do it are welcome.

Just FYI, please remember TreasureNet can not be used in any way to raise funds for a project. Asking advice is allowed, soliciting funds in any way is not.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

You already have a signed contract with the History Channel, before even securing the funds and means to recover it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

neilcox1204

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already have a signed contract with the History Channel, before even securing the funds and means to recover it?

I have funds in place from some investors but maybe looking to add a couple more, what im really after is advice from other people who have done these kind of projects about how they actually structured the payout to investors say for instance one investor want to put in $100,000 and another half of this amount, also do i offer them a fixed return % or a share of the final profit of the project.

As the vehicles are rare they could sell for much more than the figure i have put on them value wise.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

neilcox1204

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a boat, equipment, crew, permit to salvage, permit to sell the artifacts?
Do you have a lawyer who will prepare contracts? Do you have a budget?
Have you been to the wreck? How have you appraised what might be salvaged?
The 'pie' contains only 100%; how do you propose to slice it up between, the government, equipment suppliers, the owner of the salvage vessel, the investors; and key people in your group including yourself?
Don.....

Welcome to treasurenet !!

I Have permits and I purchased the salvage rights to the wreck. Already have a core salvage team in place as the project has taken 5 years to get to this point.

OP
OP
N

neilcox1204

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fully Understood about the rules on here, looking for advice on here only.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you offer your investor(s) a 'fixed return' (a guaranteed return), are you offering them collateral in a form they can easily obtain and sell to get their 'fixed return' in the event your project produces no net income?
If I were a potential investor, I'd want to approve how "net profit" is defined before investing $.
Don....

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What condition will these "vehicles" be in after 80 years on the ocean floor ???

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What if additional capital is required, what 'piece of the pie' will that investor receive or would it be an unsecured loan, backed by your financial statement.

I would not prioritize the return to one investor over another investor (though you may choose to guarantee an investor his return from your slice of the pie or personal assets.) Otherwise, each investor would participate proportionately in whatever 'net' is realized.
Don....

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Consult a lawyer/law firm to work out the details. You're going to need them anyway.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CROW, do you think the real target on your suggested vessel is the 'Amber Room'?
Don....
Wouldn't that be cool, would have loved to see that in its original form.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions