Aussie treasure storys?

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Grimnar, Re the Warnambool mahogany ship. I decided to take your advice and as soon as we are out of this shocking winter , dowsing weather permitting , I will be attempt to make the location public. It means staying at a motel and locating appropriate authorities first. Could be interesting.I never looked at it from your point of view. Distance partly to blame I suppose.
Regards Max

R

Relics

Then you've got treasure stories of:

Lassester's Reef found in central Australia and another of a gold reef known as "Dead Man's Secret" where as old prospector who stumbled upon it in Cape York country, had rich gold-bearing specimen's in his hand when he walked into Somerset, but he died before revealing the location of the reef.

Then you have a myriad of shipwrecks off Wilson's Prom which are yet to be discovered that went down with gold soveriegns contained inside chests, still to be found.

But I like the stories of old long lost shanties and pubs right here in Victoria where with a bit of foot slogging and a few days camping you can begin to rule out all possible locations and start finding evidence that some of these documented building did in fact exist. The district is always given, but the mention of a certain gold mine, or spur on a hill in a general direction, gives tiny clues as to where to look. My favorite kind of hunting.
Relics ;D

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know of any treasure stories in Western Australia i have heard of one but i need to do some research to find out its plausibility...

Grimnar

Mar 22, 2006
Vic
Hi, Merry Christmas everyone, and here's hoping you have a good New Year.

Has anyone read a small booklet called "Australian History and Treasure before James Cook" by Len Fulton?

If so what do people think of it?

Cheers

Grimnar

Mar 22, 2006
Vic
Happy New Year guys.

I got my copy from a secondhand bookshop, so I presume your best bet is their. It was printed in 2000, and is quite a thin book, so maybe it was only a limited run.

I'm pretty sure if a country town book shop can have a copy I'm sure a big city definitely will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread