Australia treasure hunt recommendations

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was in Australia I would be hunting for gold nuggets in country or beach detecting the wet sand and beaches. Don't think I would detect in the water very deep there, too many sharks.

OP
OP
T

Treasurist

Jul 31, 2023
Australia
Detector(s) used
None yet
Are you going to be using a metal detector for this?
Thanks for your reply !
Why not to be honest. But I've never tried and I would have to buy one there and I don't know how much it costs. I've seen part of a documentary about gold seekers there but don't know if there are clubs for would-be hunters. If you have any recommendations I'm interested

OP
OP
T

Treasurist

Jul 31, 2023
Australia
Detector(s) used
None yet
If I was in Australia I would be hunting for gold nuggets in country or beach detecting the wet sand and beaches. Don't think I would detect in the water very deep there, too many sharks.
Yeah, too bad, I have a course for the PADI license next week. If you have any tools, clubs or place recommendations to start with I'm happy to hear them :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, too bad, I have a course for the PADI license next week. If you have any tools, clubs or place recommendations to start with I'm happy to hear them :)
I would look there to see if someone could help you or teach you. Lot of gold nuggets in Australia.

Not sure what your budget is, a good Gold detector that also works well on wet salt sand will run $600 to $1000+.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread