Awful tornado in Joplin Missouri yesterday.... God Rest Their Souls.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Attachments

• radar.jpg
    radar.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 457

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Marc for the concerns, it's pretty bad, out there.
I almost hate to do this to ya'll.
without the actual ground sounds and smells, it's as close as you want to get.

A friend from the area posted this yesyerday, he has lived in the area all his life, and has been a paramedic for 5 years. I don't know if he was on the helicopter, but he sounded touched.
Prayers for all, as it affects us all, as does, everything we perceive.

I did not feel this video was right, for the tornado thread, and those actually living through this, at this very moment.

Tn Gizmo

Sep 4, 2007
Moss, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Compass 77B ; whites 6000D ; Garrett Master Hunter CX w/Treasure Hound (two box); Minelab Exp. II
I worked out of Joplin for over five years, many friends there. I hope they are all okay, but I know many are not. I watch the news on TV and its just sooooo hard to imagine that much damage. I just saw that 1500 people are still missing.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I just like a voice cryin in the wilderness, or do any of y'all think that the citizens in tornado alley would be better served if the city fathers appropriated money to build community underground shelters for the public, instead of spendin it on arenas to attract pro sports teams, or cameras to tag you when you bust the yellow light? Sorry, but there is no reason for anyone to die in a tornado these days, and with all the resources available these days it makes the loss of life that much harder to take.

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
RGINN said:
Am I just like a voice cryin in the wilderness, or do any of y'all think that the citizens in tornado alley would be better served if the city fathers appropriated money to build community underground shelters for the public, instead of spendin it on arenas to attract pro sports teams, or cameras to tag you when you bust the yellow light? Sorry, but there is no reason for anyone to die in a tornado these days, and with all the resources available these days it makes the loss of life that much harder to take.

I would have to agree...

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
GaDigger81 said:
RGINN said:

I would have to agree...

It also has to do with the people them selves. Some when they hear the sirens go out and look. Sad thing is some treat it like a cry wolf like scenario. Now not saying that happend here in Joplin, just saying as an overall thing in tornado ally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread