• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just Google "Ax Handles", and you'll find dozens of suppliers, including those who will make them custom to your specs.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not ordered from Beaver Tooth but thier site has caught my eye more than once.
(Found originally on another site where guys were looking for best/better quality handles than they were seeing in local stores.)

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
With a few hand tools, you can make your own. I get and dry bolts of ash, split them into billets and then use a drawknife and rasps to shape them. Use a vise anchored to a workbench to hold them as you work on them. Sanding finishes their surface. It's a lot of work, but satisfying and appropriate for many of the handmade axe heads I find.

OP
OP
L

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
With a few hand tools, you can make your own. I get and dry bolts of ash, split them into billets and then use a drawknife and rasps to shape them. Use a vise anchored to a workbench to hold them as you work on them. Sanding finishes their surface. It's a lot of work, but satisfying and appropriate for many of the handmade axe heads I find.
I have considered that but not sure I want to put that much time into making them. I have about eight axe heads I am working on now. Completely understand the satisfaction part and would like to see pictures of your work. Think I finally found a place with axes that will fit my axe head eyes. It has taken a lot of searching. Thanks for the input. Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread