Bad luck, big surprise with total let down!

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
After I talked to you yesterday you sounded a little more at ease... I would also.

When we needed a new frig, stove and hood we walked around and around looking, arguing and got nothing done. We went home. I told her to go pick out WHATEVER she wanted and I'll go get it the next day with the truck. Well she did. When I got to Lowe's I liked to die from a sudden heart attack. WE ARE NOT RICH OR CLOSE TO IT. She had picked out and paid for a HUGE stainless steel frig with matching stove and hood. I loaded them up, brought home and got to work. I had to completely tear out a corner pantry and rebuild to make room for the new frig. Hell it took me a couple weeks to even feel "worthy enough" to touch it. I actually caught Frank touching it when he was here.... but I didn't say anything!!!!

LOL!! In my defense, you told me to make myself at home, showed me the new fridge and where everything was located in it and said, if I get a hankering for a late night snack, just come on and get it. Instead of touching it, maybe I should have called on the communicator and said, "Beam me up some bologna Scotty".:dontknow::icon_scratch:

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
We wanted another deep freeze but the thought of putting out hundreds for a new one was a debate. So I looked on Kijiji listings and picked out a few ads and called them up, the one that won was closer to us for driving and being close to 90F outside we opted to go look at this 6 yrs old model for $50. She was at a religious meeting till noon and I decided to wait till the afternoon and called them up again to view the unit. The drive went from 15mi to a 25mi drive (red flag) ended up in a marina resort and the unit was at another location,(red flag) more driving. Well the unit was only 31 yrs old and I declined to buy it even when they offered it up at half of the price. It was mouldy, rusty, and looking like Noah had owed the unit. So the dude says "well this was a waste of my time" I guess our time, gas, and the fact that they lied about the unit didn't count. :) We ended up buying used the next day from another person and the unit was only 3 yrs old, saved lots but still a risk.

pepperj... If Lowe's had a Kelvinator brand of Refrigerator and especially one with a bottom drawer freezer (which they don't make as their' products are geared more towards the Food Service Industry), I would have purchased it in a New York (actually Tennessee) minute! I say this because we have a Kelvinator Chest Freezer that I purchased in West Virginia in 1989 from a friend that had a furniture/appliance store and except the down time when we moved in 1994, it has run like a champ since purchased with not a single problem whatsoever. Not bad considering it was Display Model and I only paid around $300 plus the West Virginia State taxes on it!

Frank

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL!! In my defense, you told me to make myself at home, showed me the new fridge and where everything was located in it and said, if I get a hankering for a late night snack, just come on a get it. Instead of touching it, maybe I should have called on the communicator and said, "Beam me up some bologna Scotty".:dontknow::icon_scratch:

Frank

You got me buddy.... I'm quilty as charged Frank. I think I heard you moving the chains off the doors one night.... :occasion14:

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You got me buddy.... I'm quilty as charged Frank. I think I heard you moving the chains off the doors one night.... :occasion14:

That's only because I thought Bonnie had locked you in the new fridge so you could get accustomed to having nice things and she was tired of hearing you cry about the price!:crybaby2:

:laughing7::tongue3:

Frank

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
"I nearly died Saturday morning! ??Continuing saga of my run of bad luck" Frank

Frank, with your continued reversal of fortune over the last few weeks, no wonder you had such a reaction. It gets like that. But perhaps your hiccup signals the end of the bad streak. Keep the faith and plow ahead! That's what we do.

Here's to a better week.

Yep, sometimes it's DEEP.... Had my downturn over the last couple of weeks as well = becomes those "why bother" times. Actually it signals those hunker down times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread