Bad Luck?

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
That happens enough that I always look through the holes to check to make sure they are not all brand new. Sometimes they have another box they will swap it for or sometimes they will trade out the new ones for what CWR they have. If I order them I always take them. I have Tellers I am friends with that will swap a box of new coins for a box of older ones they have. You can spend them, the self-service registers at Walmart will take any coins, even halves, you dump into them or just bring them to your dump banks.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is why i no longer search nickels, i do more pennies because of the abundance of 2012p+d nickel boxes

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually save the unc rolls of nickels I find myself. They list for as much as .25 each for their numismatic value although I haven't checked lately but ebay prices tend to vary a lot and I don't think u can expect to get near that much for them right now. But considering the instrinsic value of nickels they are a heck of a lot better than storing cash which has no intrinsic value whatsoever. But I know storing them isn't for everyone.

HH!

Last edited:

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beauty is holding a roll is only 2 bucks. Not bank busting. Some have had luck selling rolls on eBay. Also could list on the local Craigslist.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most banks i deal with will often swap out older rolls for the new ones if left unopened in MWR's... banks around here don't really take cwr anymore, they reccomend using a coin counter instead.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just turn 'em back in. If you have to ship 'em, there's no way to come out ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread