Bag of Ikes

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

I'm still hunting here and there, mostly CWR. All my normal order banks have now cut me off from ordering halves. Their explanation is all the same at every bank, "we don't have the ability to request half dollars anymore. It's not in our order system" I have one bank left that is willing to do it "once in a while". Because of this my volume has dropped considerably. There is a plus side to this I suppose and that's that dumping my coins is no longer difficult to do since I just wait for my 5 gallon bucket to fill up before I dump. That takes about a month or so.

This same bank has the ability to order a bag of Ikes ($500 worth) from time to time. They call me when their cash room has a full bag and will only place the order once full. This is the second time I've ordered a bag as it takes awhile for them to have enough to fill a bag. The first time I managed two proofs and that's it, no type 2's or anything special.

This time was worse, haha. Not even a proof. Still cool to get the chance to snag a 40% Ike or a peace or Morgan dollar for face value. Still hasn't happened yet.

I hope everyone is doing well and steadily finding silver.

Happy Hunting

Vdudguy

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey VDub, keep plugging away, I ordered about 8 bags of Ikes last year and found one ASE in them and then I stopped ordering them and just focused on my halves so there is a chance to find something good in them. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread