Baggage tag

Bioheat1969

Jan 1, 2021
Dudley, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I got out to the old train station in East Thompson Connecticut,, site of the worst train wreck in U.S. history. Four trains collided here. The station and surrounding land is the property of the historical society, and I have an exclusive arrangement with them, I get access to all of their properties, and artifacts I turn over to them for their museum, coins I get to keep for myself. So getting back to yesterday, I decided I wanted to try out my new Vanquish 440 and took it up to the station, for an hour and a half it was hands full of nails out of the ground, this is not surprising since the buildings were raised (burned to the ground) in the mid 60's, every nail in the building is in a thick layer all over the site. Then the Vanquish lit up like a christmas tree, big signal, but the machine said it was deep, dug down 8 inches and pulled this out of the ground:

This is really very cleaned up compared to how it came out of the ground, I couldn't read anything on it when I first pulled it. I can't wait to present it to the historical society, as they don't currently have a baggage tag in their collection from this train station.

OP
OP
B

Bioheat1969

Jan 1, 2021
Dudley, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I'll be meeting with a rep from the historical society today to turn it over to them, they are very excited about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread