Bandido II on the auction site

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, that Bandido's price was quite amazing. A week ago, one came up with a "buy it now" price of $300 and was snapped up pretty quick.

Looks like another Bandido has come up for auction today. Be interesting to see what it goes for.

-Ken

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw that it was up high before it ended.
That’s one of the Tesoro models that I expect to climb in value - even though they’re about 20 years old!
Good reason though; it’s one of the very best general purpose land units they ever made, and (in my opinion) has the best discrimination of any Tesoro. The Bandido II μMAX has been my favorite Tesoro for the trashy areas I frequent - and I’ve tried quite a few different Tesoros. The Outlaw came pretty close to being a Bandido II μMAX, but it was a bit quirky. Still, if you can’t find a Bandido for a good price, Outlaw is a pretty good second choice.

Other Tesoro models can hunt deeper than the Bandido II μMAX, but aren’t quite as good discriminating, especially around small iron bits. Very few Tesoros can give a solid signal on nickels, while still disc’ing out steel bottle caps and small nails. That may not matter if you don’t care about nickels - but if you don’t - you may miss those small gold rings and earrings too. Not that long ago, I dug this nice V-nickel in an area full of bottle caps. Had I not been using the Bandido that day, I surely would have missed it. That area has been detected by lots of people, BTW!

Attachments

• B972F63B-1927-4137-9BF6-13FB6F5E864F.jpeg
    B972F63B-1927-4137-9BF6-13FB6F5E864F.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 76

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the chance to get one, soon after they were on the shelves, but I got so much
grief from my wife last time, after I got my 2nd machine, adding One More would have meant (almost)
Divorce-City...!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess I got lucky - mine goes with when I’m detecting. She won’t let me go by myself!
She doesn’t detect though but crochets something while I detect. Works out OK.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever got the Racer stole it from me in the last minute...well played! I was the first bid and they were the last..
The Bandido guy has several mint condition fisher machines going for a small fortune as well.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good investments

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was a racer here in the classifieds that sold for $250.00. I thought that was a steal let along multiple coils. Crazy deal there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread