Bandido II µMax and 10x12 dd coil problem solved . . . I think

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recently got a nice used Bandido II µMax with the 10x12 dd coil. Took it out back where I live and it was going wild falsing and chattering.
I think it was due to electrical interference. I couldn't get it to settle down. Later I took it to a farm nearby and it ran really quiet. However,
if it bumps something it lets me know by giving a little sound. Don't know if that's normal.

Also, on that farm, I dug a hole and put a modern dime straight up on edge about 4 or 5 inches down. It wouldn't hit it. Laid it flat and it hit
it good. Probably if I had a concentric coil on it would have hit it standing on edge.
I'll have to try that.
Update: Took out the Bandido with the 8" concentric and it wouldn't hit the dime standing straight up. Took out the Vaquero with the 7x8 dd coil
and it hit it standing straight up. Tried the 5.75 CONCENTRIC and surpriningly it would only hit the dime standing straight up at a 4 o'clock to 10 o'clock
swing with the dime upright at 12 to 6 o'clock.

Found this with the Bandido:
spoon at Jerrys.gif
There is no marking on the back of the spoon.

Last edited:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no bumping allowed..

That 10x12 sould be a very sensitive coil. Bumping into something moves the cable, and that coil will notice. I'd expect a chirp whenever the cable moves. Happens all the time when I'm trying to swing the coil in some light brush and the cable touches twigs.

Cool spoon. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Tony (Michigan)

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for telling me about the 10x12 coil.
Yea, that spoon was deep and tough to dig out!

Too bad they don't make plastic razor blades so I can cut tall grass while I detect. I could tape them on the coil.
Yea, okay, I'm weird. But it's a special kind of weird. LOL.
Went to a park in Detroit this morning and as usual, cheap Detroit hasn't mowed their parks in a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread