Bank bags!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a bank that will sell me the bags off their machine. They will sell me whatever is in the bags at that time. I did a half dollar bag a few weeks ago, $190 and got 1 -40%. I did dimes and nickels this last time. Skunk on $203 with dimes but got a 43P and 45P on $30 with nickels.
I did manage to save this bill when going through our business cash that I get to do every once and awhile.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1478913480.332952.jpg
Got a Rosie from my CU, teller held onto it for me.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice binary note! Shame it's not in better condition.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bank that will pull the bag and sell it to you on the spot is a rare and wonderful thing.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice note!! Just be careful about buying bags too soon before they fill up, the bank might catch on that you are actually costing them money since each of those plastic bags from the machine probably costs them $0.75. Of course on the other hand, you could possibly be saving them money because they don't have to ship out their bags-- it all depends on what kind of contract they have with the coin service (brinks/loomis, etc).

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK..I'm ignorant (for now)...but, what makes the bill special? :icon_scratch:

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think by Binary note they mean it consist of only 2 numbers in the serial number - that is the 4 and zero. My grandfather looked for what he called "true" binary notes - only 1 and zero in the serial number.

OP
OP
barneyb71

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy, I had the old bag with me and told them they could just dump everything into the old bag so they weren't wasting bags. They were like, it's ok, we can just give you the bags. I do have another back that will sell me full bags. I have to go talk to the vault manager to see if they will give me a call to let me know if they have bags. Their pickup day is Monday and I'm not close to them on Monday.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dizzy/jadocs, the bill has a "fancy" serial number which bill collectors look for just like they look for star notes. If you do a quick google on dollar bill fancy serial numbers you should come across links that will go over each of the different types from binaries to repeaters to super repeaters, etc, etc. (here is one link for example: Why Some Serial Numbers Make $1 Bills Worth Hundreds). You also never know, some fancy serial numbers can land you a pretty penny if its sought after. Do a search for fancy serial number in currency on ebay to see how many are listed.

-TwoYewts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread