Bank order to may halves for a customer thank goodness!

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to my bank Friday and stopped into a BofA right across the street and ask if they had any halves. The teller said she did not but the other teller did and she would she how many she had. Well that teller had given hers away but she told my teller there were some in the vault.

Appearently, someone had asked for a roll of halves and they had none in the bank so they ordered a box. When the customer came back they had a roll of CWR halves and never opened the box.

Anyways I said I would take them off their hands. It was not packed full of 90's or 40's but it did have 3 really nice 64s and a 1987 Proof.
Pic1.jpg

One or two of these may even have some values in excess of the silver

One the way to dump some halves I found these 3 at a Wells Fargo branch.
Pic2.jpg

Not a bad weekend much better than I diid in dimes $310 just one Mercury

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you find out if the value is more than metal content? I've been reading the Beginner Guide and 100's of old posts. Most things I see says that halves are only worth scrap (except errors, accented hair, or mint 1970). Am I missing something.

Generally speaking they are not worth much over melt value and I would not expect to get a whole lot over melt for these but the center one is in exceptionally good condition. It looks like it just came from the mint. I would have to take them to a dealer and see but I am not racing off today to do so, hoping for a big score. If I got $5 over melt I would be really really happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread