Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly ! it is never Appropriate to suggest any bannered Item does not deserve to be there.
Including your Own SS :tongue3: yes SS Has told be his own didn't deserve it :laughing7:

Still Not cool imo

unless of course the person scammed us & wants to come clean under the full Knowledge,
banning may follow
We need to draw the line some were, some times things need to be said...you know freedom of speech and all that.

SS

Last edited:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see why people should want to be on the banner ? You lose copyright on your picture (or have things changed). Copyright gives you the chance to make a little more off a find. I don't mind publishing pictures of my gold finds as I have so many that I still retain so can retake a picture at any time. Items that the state have decided they want to hold on to I only have a few pictures of.

Now I've found Roman statues, bronze and silver washed, celtic bronze statues etc but all would be banned, as I assume my Spanish treasure fleet coins from the Florida beaches would be, because they were found several years ago. I don't worry what goes on the banner and totally ignore it because "find of a lifetime" in the U.S. could mean the most common Roman coin we find everyday over here, while in the U.S. it could be the only Roman find ever made in that State so IS something to be proud of. Meanwhile most of the British finds are worth little however old, because they are picked almost off the surface of fields (so little skill needed to find them) that have been ploughed for hundreds of years and are worn out and damaged.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see why people should want to be on the banner ? You lose copyright on your picture (or have things changed). Copyright gives you the chance to make a little more off a find. I don't mind publishing pictures of my gold finds as I have so many that I still retain so can retake a picture at any time. Items that the state have decided they want to hold on to I only have a few pictures of.

Now I've found Roman statues, bronze and silver washed, celtic bronze statues etc but all would be banned, as I assume my Spanish treasure fleet coins from the Florida beaches would be, because they were found several years ago. I don't worry what goes on the banner and totally ignore it because "find of a lifetime" in the U.S. could mean the most common Roman coin we find everyday over here, while in the U.S. it could be the only Roman find ever made in that State so IS something to be proud of. Meanwhile most of the British finds are worth little however old, because they are picked almost off the surface of fields (so little skill needed to find them) that have been ploughed for hundreds of years and are worn out and damaged.

my understanding,

You Don't loose Copyright, You just can't hold Treasurenet responsible to copyright rules.

if you can't copyright something you already posted on an open forum then your correct.
but if you can, you can. but you can't charge tnet a fee for it being here.
after all, you posted it

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I regard the Banner as a bit of fun AND to maybe reconize a real good find, a couple of mine I regret posting because it can draw attention to your find:wink: attention you might not want. But the point was about how easy it is now to make the banner, were as before it was the rarer items and the posts with a real good story behind them, but we have a new broom now, so I except that now it's changed.

SS

Last edited:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I used to think that George Washington buttons were extremely rare and a find of a lifetime but how many of those have we seen in the past 12 months?! LOL. Same thoughts regarding Civil War plates/buckles, they're a dime a dozen. Let's face it, if you have a lot of "followers" on Tnet, your odds of making the banner are much higher regardless of what is found. A few years ago, a broken crock pot that was glued back together made the banner. How many American Indian pestles have made the banner?! One guy that posts regularly has found enough pestles to fill a wheel barrel while an on again, off again poster finds one and makes the banner post haste. The rules for making banner status are perfect in my opinion however, it would be nice to see the popularity contest part of the process eliminated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread