May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally the first of the harvest is in & we can start our season off.:icon_thumright:
Problem was it's been very dry & the ground is solid making the stubble harder to work. Also the straw has yet to be bailed which took out 1 in 5 of our gridding runs. It was so tough, Cru'dad only dug 1 keeper (the large finial) in 5.5 hours! The Deus being a lot more forgiving on the air gap etc....
This field is a small Roman complex of buildings nicknamed 'The Field of 500' after the 500 Roman Coin we found in the first 3-4 months of detecting it. Since then we have had over 1000 but they are now becoming difficult to find.

10 Roman Coins - 1 album coin only
Lead Roman Steelyard Weight
Broken Medieval Buckle Plate
Saxon Strapend8-)

An ok steady start that we hope to improve upon.

UPDATE:
Dad IDed the album coin as the first of its type for our collection, its getting pretty hard to find coins like this, so a better than expected day.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you're getting out now Cru :thumbsup:. Be a while yet for me :sadsmiley:. Passing time getting back in to selling on ebay. Yesterday cleaned a load of buckles (123). May sell as a job lot, or in groups. Phoned Regtons and asked about using full tones. Nigel said, 3 tone more than good enough. Robert.
Buckles are hit & miss on ebay, done really well on some, & some better ones I've lost money!

Thanks for the update on the tones, I must say I'm happy to stick on 3.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread