Battery charger for Excalibur II NIMH

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone please tell me what kind of charger to get for the NIMH pack on my Excalibur. I don't like the one that comes with it. I am so afraid of overcharging the battery. I want one that will stop charging when the battery is fully charged. Do they make them? And , if they do what brand? I know nothing about batteries, and want one that will work for this NiMA pack.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard of that happening but there are some aftermarket battery companies that sell replacement guts to convert your pod over to their system. I believe they sell a charger to go with it. I've seen them on E-bay in the past. I know several guys that keep the battery on the charger all the time when they're not using it. I don't like doing that myself but they don't seem to have a problem doing it.....as long as the battery works properly. If the battery won't take a charge, sometimes they'll overheat trying to do so.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't want to make any changes. I just want to safely charge the battery that it came with. But thanks for the post.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can use the stanard battery charger that came with your excal and let it charge over night. I have been using a NiMh battery and using the standard charger for over 2 years with no issues at all, full charge gives over 15 hours of power...

If you want the NiMh charger with LED, go to ebay and enter "NIMH Battery Charger Minelab Excalibur", they are about $25.00 with shipping
[h=1][/h]

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking of chargers guys, anyone know where I can get an adapter for the Excal 800 rechargeable battery? I bought a charger off of ebay and couldn't figure out where to plug it in. Only later did I realize you need some goofy adapter. The only ones I can find for sale are $75.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like TH said charge it overnight 10-12 hours and you'll be fine. It does state in the manual to charge 18 continuous hours the first go around, so charging anything less than 18 will be fine.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of chargers guys, anyone know where I can get an adapter for the Excal 800 rechargeable battery? I bought a charger off of ebay and couldn't figure out where to plug it in. Only later did I realize you need some goofy adapter. The only ones I can find for sale are $75.
How did you charge it in the past? It should have come with the detector and rechargeable battery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread