Battle of Medina... we keep tryin

pushback

Greenie
Nov 13, 2004
San Antonio
Detector(s) used
fisher 1270
Battle of Medina... we keep tryin'

I thought some of y'all might like to be notified with an FYI for those interested... Dan Arrellano is setting up another day hunt trying to locate the battle site. Here's an e-mail he sent out this weekend; I'll probably see you there, maybe this time "todays the day"! Larry/Pushback

Media Advisory

Austin Sept 24, 2011

The Battle of Medina, the Search Continues

BE PART OF HISTORY !

On October 15, 2011 a search will be conducted on a ranch south of Losoya where it is believed the battle occurred. According to the owner muskets and cannon balls were found while buildings were being constructed. She believes these artifacts were donated to a museum, but does not recall which one.

Volunteers wishing to participate must sign a hold harmless agreement. You are also asked to bring your own water and lunch. Please bring your metal detectors and shovels. This is not a finders keepers event; all artifacts will be photographed and cataloged. In order to participate you must RSVP by that weekend. We will depart from the Shell-McDonalds on Hi 281(Roosevelt Rd) and 1604 at 8 AM Saturday Oct 15, 2011.

When found this will be the biggest archaeological find ever in Texas.

For more information:

Dan Arellano Author/Historian

512-826-7569

[email protected]

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Re: Battle of Medina... we keep tryin'

Looking forward to hopefully making this hunt again!
Baggins

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000

Sounds interesting, I live close to that area. :thumbsup:

Boomdeyada

Dec 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000

Even though we didn't find anything good, it was really nice to meet a bunch of nice folks and share the day with them.
Hoping to do it again soon. :thumbsup:
I mailed Dan the link to the pictures. They all came out great. :)
If you were there and would like to have the link to the pictures, please contact me in a PM
Joy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread