jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was reminded how dangerous our hobby can actually be. I returned to the old bottle dump on the river where I found the Indian Head Penny to do some more detecting. I got a great signal, dug it, reached in to remove a rock. It was sorta stuck so I tugged on it to remove it. My hand slipped off and run across a piece of an old broken bottle that I didn't notice.

I felt my finger go numb as soon as it happened, so I knew the cut was deep. I looked down and seen that it had cut through my leather glove and knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Long story short, I went to urgent care and the doctor was able to glue it together, so no stitches which is a good thing. But, this just goes to show, you can't be too careful out there folks. Everyone, be careful out there.

IMG_0453.jpg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
J

jaypop06

Feb 19, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes. Yes, it really did cut through a leather glove. Like I told the doctor while he was gluing everything back together, imagine what it would have looked like had I not been wearing gloves.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use these; a lot of interference, yes - but very safe! :laughing7:

GAU-GN008.jpg

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you got to switch hands. I'm a righty and always dig with that hand and point with the left. I sliced my hand and my finger got infected for a few weeks so I dug left, pointed right!

Get better soon and your shedding of blood will not go unnoticed by the coin gods

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, man. I hope it heals quickly so you can get back at it. Your picture reminds me of the Sienfeld episode with Danny Tartabull.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ouch. I've done the same thing, but not nearly as bad.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm very sorry about that, I was digging in a trash pit without gloves, I took my hand out, and the tip of my finger was bleeding, weirdly I could not feel it when I happened, it was bleeding very bad for the next half and hour, I had to go through a bunch of bandages during that incident.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread