beach hunter help

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, it kind of depends on what you are looking for.
Coins? Relics? Caches? Gold?
The MXT Pro is a great detector, no doubt, but not necessarily the best choice for all situations.

OP
OP
M

meumike

Apr 17, 2013
I like to go to old farm fields and houses when its to cold for thefield water. So mainly old coins and hopefully some rings. I feel i would get more out of the mxt pro then the beach hunter on land.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT Pro is an excellent choice.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is a great coin and jewelry detector and with the right coil I can get dimes at 10"+ with some being 12", the MXT with the D2 coil is like a MXT on steroids. HH

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used my BHID on land, although I have wanted to try it. I just don't think about it and use my V3i for that. The folks on the Whites factory forum can give you a better answer.

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own both and enjoy them both. I spend most of my time at the beach so I'm actually looking to sell my mxt pro. For the limited times I will use my beach hunter on the land but the MXT give more info. let me know if you are interested in a used but like new MXT.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any experience on the beach hunter on the field? I dont' seem to find much. I was thinking of buying a mxt pro for the field any thoughts on this?

The Beach Hunter is a good choice for dry land also. It doesn't have a none motion pinpoint but switching to All Metal and doing the Minelab Wiggle works well. Having two frequencies makes it deep as a CZ-21.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread