🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day 3 using my AT Pro.

The site I had initially went to ended up being a bust so I decided to detect on the back side of the hill from where the foundation was. 2 dimes 2 pennies meh....some bullet fragments, .22 cases but then a thimble stamped "The Prudential Life Insurance company" look it up 1920-30's (pretty cool) Then I found a "whatsit" I think I know what it is but I'm not an expert in the area so I'll post it here and in "What is it section" Here are the pictures.

Today's Finds.jpg That's what that thing is....jpg Prudential Thimble 1920-30's.jpg Whatsit parts.jpg Whatsit 1.jpg Whatsit 2.jpg Whatsit 3.jpg Whatsit 4.jpg Whatsit 5.jpg Whatsit 6.jpg

Sláinte!

Upvote 8

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like MY third hunt with my ATP! Actually, looks like my first THIRTY hunts...lol. Don't worry, keep digging that stuff, it's good practice, the good stuff will come. The key is LOCATION...get on some old dirt that's not pounded out, I have the best luck with older, rural farmhouses...silver and old copper at every one so far. Good luck and happy hunting...ddf

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're doing great the goodies will come like dirtdigginfool said location is the key. You can't find it if it isn't there. Good luck. Art

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes, an aspect of this hobby is RESEARCH. research and find old dirt and you will typically find old relics. old abandoned farms and houses work great. sometimes these are tough to find, esp the ones that have not been pounded. i am at a disadvantage where i live as i dont know the area very well as i only recently relocated. so, i use word of mouth and old fashioned research to find the places. best of luck!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that thimble, and your creative artwork on the "pull tab man".

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have been happy that anything came out. Wonderful hunt not a bust to me. Congrats!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a nice uncrushed thimble would make my day. :icon_thumright: Congrats!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread