Because I dont think Im going to hit my goal

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Because I don't think I'm going to hit my goal

I set a goal out to try to get to 40 oz of silver this year, I'm only 9 oz away from my goal. I don't think I will be able to get the 9 oz before the end of this year so I have decided to buy a bit of silver. So I've been checking craigslist, and found a guy who said he has tons of coins and wants to get out of silver and into gold (for storage reasons) which is understandable. So I bought some coins from him today, $40 out of pocket for these three beautiful coins. My first canadian silver and silver commerative coin.

If anyone can tell me in troy ounces how much this is total that would really help. I know they are all 80% silver but I don't know the exact weight of the actual silver content in the coins.

Attachments

• canada.jpg
    canada.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
The ASW of the dollar coin is 0.600 Troy oz. The ASW of both of the 50 cent pieces is 0.300 Troy oz each. In total you have 1.200 Troy ounces of silver.
$40 is the exact spot price as I write this.

OP
OP
red89

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
The ASW of the dollar coin is 0.600 Troy oz. The ASW of both of the 50 cent pieces is 0.300 Troy oz each. In total you have 1.200 Troy ounces of silver.
$40 is the exact spot price as I write this.

Thank you sir.

Well like I said I already knew the silver content in percentage, but not in actual weight. I can't find that on coinflation. Thanks though.

Last edited:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well like I said I already knew the silver content in percentage, but not in actual weight. I can't find that on coinflation. Thanks though.

Sorry about that. Although, if you know the value of the coin and the current price of silver, its a pretty easy calculation. Plus, "junk" silver coins are usually bought and sold on a "per coin" basis - not weight...although that will likely change if/when the price of silver gets much higher. Here's a better site for what you're looking for, and it has a huge database of coins from many countries.

Search for a coin - Numista

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread