ALD

Greenie
Jul 26, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to see what everyone's suggestion would be. Just starting out MD. Got a beach trip coming up and thought what a good time to start something new with the kids. Been looking around and have found an Ace 150 and a LoneStar in my price range of getting started. Also found a Whites Prism V for $350/trade but haven't been able to trade yet. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

The whites is a great detector. The other two are basic starters, the ace being the best.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I am a big Garrett fan but warn you against the 150 on the beach. The salts will make the Ace go BONKERS! Salt beaches are the domain of PI machines. I have never owned a Prism and would be doing Whites an injustice by commenting on it. TTC

The Ace MD could be used on dry sand. If $250 is not to much for your budget, I would go with the Ace 250. The 250 is still mostly a dry sand md, but if your lucky (not much minerals in the sand) it could used in damp sand. A metal detector that will work well in salt water will cost some big bucks.

Thanks for the info. I'm still working on the prism. If it doesn't work out I might see what I could do on a Ace250. I've read a lot of good stuff about them and feel I couldn't go wrong.

Thanks again

I saw a Garret ATPro on e-bay for 400.00 (unused) Personally I'm not a big E-Bay fan............Hope you find one that suits you, My nephew bought a new Garret 350 for around 275.00- 300.00 He loves it. It was from a dealer new.

Does anyone happen to know of a place around Birmingham, AL that sells new and used?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back