Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Grip6...

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a belt bought at a Home Depot store, to wear with tool pouches, in fact, I also found a 4 pocket tool pouch that works just dandy.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will look at them, got a

Gray Ghost Ultimate Catch-All Pouch, coming, any one have one of them , if so how do you like it?​

thanks
coyote
Grey ghost bag is my favorite, the one with the hard band around the opening that you can bend to any amount of open or closed you want. I went through one every season until I tried this trick. I put 2 ziploc baggies (one blue top one red top) in the inner and outer interior pouches. Keeper finds go in blue, trash goes in red. Haven't had to replace the bag since. I like the mesh bottom so dirt and sand just falls out, but it is also susceptible to tearing by sharp objects. The ziploc baggies did the trick.

Also, I carry my pinpointer and a bottle of drinking water in the bag. I also carry a toothbrush and small squirt bottle to clean finds. I carry my hand digger in a separate sheath on my belt. Just a regular leather belt by the way. Several inches longer than my waste so it will go over heavy clothing\coat in cold weather. HH

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I may ask? What belt you guys using to hang your stuff on? I still have my old military one Iused 35 years ago but it doesn’t adjust to easy and it’s gotten really stiff,
thanks
Coyote
I really wanted to use a military belt that I've had since the early 60s, and used for years until... middle-age expansion... 😡

So I bought a piece of nylon webbing with some plastic parts, but... not what I'd hoped for. I'll probably check out others' suggestions, or find a (larger) vintage belt online.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1708713667051.png

I've used this padded dickies belt for a while. Its really good for when you end up having long walks with a full pouch. Much more comfy than just plain nylon webbing. Only issue is that its very thick so you gotta make sure itll fit through the loops of whatever you want to hang off it.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have the unpadded nylon belt, same width etc. A nice leather pouch with 4 different size pockets. Works just dandy, never wears out. I'm sure many detector guys out there already have been doing this, but I think this might be really good information for the newer detector people. Home Depot, and I'm sure at any other type store selling this type of work gear.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cross body bag. Large Velcro patch on the front very securely holds pinpointer. Several zip-up pockets, easily hold phone and misc. Large pull strap on top opens it instantly for access to your rechargeable cordless hole punch. An old, solid leather belt.

Attachments

• 20240210_203818.jpg
    20240210_203818.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240223_161624.jpg
    20240223_161624.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cross body bag. Large Velcro patch on the front very securely holds pinpointer. Several zip-up pockets, easily hold phone and misc. Large pull strap on top opens it instantly for access to your rechargeable cordless hole punch. An old, solid leather belt.
You never know when holes need to be punched!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread