Ben, Walker and Ken

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
Today was a first for me. Over the last 6 months of CRH i have found over 200, 40%ers and one walker. Today at the bank i purchased $200 dollars in halves. All these halves had the same name and phone number on the wrapper. Seeing this i though for sure i would find a couple 40%ers, after about the first dozen rolls i find not a thing. All of a sudden i open one wrapper and I find 2 Bens and a Walker......wowow.....couple rolls later i find a Walker, Ben and a beautiful mint condition 64 Ken. Total score 3 Bens, 2 Walkers and one Ken. These coins are in mint condition, it makes no sence why they were stuck with all these other crappy shapped halves. I luv the find it just puzzles the heck out of me. Enjoy the photos.

A1.JPG A2.JPG A3.JPG A4.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
KenO

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
All three Franklins and the Ken look like proofs

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are plated people. That is my instinct.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!!!
Hmm. They have the mirror like background of a proof, but the details don't have the frosted look.

kookoox10

Greenie
Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some pretty good company in those rolls. Congrats on the score.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find!!!
Hmm. They have the mirror like background of a proof, but the details don't have the frosted look.

Early cameo proofs are very rare and most were not frosted. They weren't struck frosted back then, but sometimes, they would just come out frosted. I am pretty sure these are just plated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread