Best coin book for a CRH?

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
I know the Red Book would probably be the best choice but does it also list the silver content in half dollars and other coins? Will the book say that a 40% half has x amount of silver in it? In other words, looking for a hardback version of coinflation basically. I'd also like it if the book listed canadian coins (pre 82 nickels). In other words, I'm looking for a book that is more "bullion" oriented rather than the the numismatic side of coins.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
Good links CH but I'm looking at it from a SHTF scenario or severe degradation of the economy and finances. If hypothetically the internet goes out people may not know about 40% halves in a barter situation and having a book say this will help. Alternatively I'm considering trading up to some 90% coins but don't want to take the hit.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Red Book lists the silver amounts for each US coin. It only has US coins (and Philippine coins when it was a US territory). A good book for you might be the Krause book. It lists the composition of each coin in the world. It has a hefty price tag of $70 in hard back, but only $10 (I think) for the computer version. The computer version goes into your docs, so it doesn't rely on the internet. Every century has a different book. I could share it with you, but it is too big for Tnet.

Here is a sample page from the Barbados section. It is only a part of the page. You can enlarge it by clicking on it.

Attachments

• print screen.JPG
    print screen.JPG
    252.6 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
lovewiibrew

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
Red Book lists the silver amounts for each US coin. It only has US coins (and Philippine coins when it was a US territory). A good book for you might be the Krause book. It lists the composition of each coin in the world. It has a hefty price tag of $70 in hard back, but only $10 (I think) for the computer version. The computer version goes into your docs, so it doesn't rely on the internet. Every century has a different book. I could share it with you, but it is too big for Tnet.

Here is a sample page from the Barbados section. It is only a part of the page. You can enlarge it by clicking on it.

Wow thank you so much Sagittarius! Exactly the kind of book I was looking for. They have the 2011 paperback version for $27. Thanks for helping me, man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions