Best detector for stubble and ploughed

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I've recently purchased the CTX 3030 which is great for my pasture permissions, But ive now acquired some more permissions which is ploughed, so im looking for another detector to do the ploughed and stubble fields. I only want to spend £200 to £300 on a second hand one. Can anyone recommend a good detector to buy what's really deep on stubble and ploughed fields and sensitive to small hammered silver coins, it doesn't have to have a screen as i mainly hunt by sound anyway the screens are just a bonus to double check sometimes. Thanks'

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The CTX 3030 should be fine for plowed/stubble fields. Why would you think it isn't ?

OP
OP
P

paul75

Apr 9, 2016
DURHAM GB
Detector(s) used
ebinger ebex pi, nokta fors core.CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi TOM IN CA, because there not that good in air tests so like freshly ploughed fields thats soft and fluffy with pockets of air in them so should be the same all the signals (halos) have been broken, I think the CTXs strength is on pasture or fields that haven't been worked for a while where you'll get a big halo and you'll find targets alot deeper. so i thought get another detector 15-18 khz for the small stuff and something thats good on air tests and i should have the best of both worlds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread