Best detector for under $400?

TedAK

Greenie
Jun 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your help in explaining the technology differences. I think you are right about the skill of the operator being a major factor. I appreciate all of the suggestions I've been getting - keep them coming.

All the best,
Ted

PaJim

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro
Whites coinmaster

Garret AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty hunter land ranger pro.

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really love the Fisher F-4! It's like right on the borderline of what you want to pay, but you might be able to get it for $400. It is a nice light detector and doesn't strain my arm too much. (Compared to the Treasure Ace 300 from the 80's!) It has good functions on it, a discriminator, and a built in pin pointer! It comes apart into 3 pieces too and is easy to transport. Oh yeah, and it also has a range of 4 tones to tell you what type of metal you find.
It has treated me well!

Jun 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are number of varieties in water1.jpg . From normal to sophisticated to advanced groundwater detectors available in several places across India. You can buy the most advanced water detectors here at this site. Rest assured, each of our products has world class standards having a longer operational life. Just take a look at our products range.
-:Ground Water Detector:-

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also thing the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro is the best bang for the buck. It gives you many of the bells and whistles that many more manufacturers charge a premium for. I see a couple (slightly used ones) for sale on line under $300. You should also invest in a good pin pointer. You need to spend $89 minimum for a new one that will have decent range.

GL & HH

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now you can buy a Teknetics Omega 8000 direct from Teknetics for $375. This is a close out of existing stocks and won't last long.

I have full details, but don't want to make this an ad - PM me for more info.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rusty and kcm-----------------I'm crazy about folks that save me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread