Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poco said:
I've got the pinpointing down fairly well.. The only thing that I notice is that sometimes, the pinpoint area seems
to be really large, or a bunch of signals which turn out to be ghosts.. I guess it's the old rust/iron deposits or something.
But that probably happens to most detectors from what I've read.. All in all I like the detector.
Might have to manually adjust the ground balance slightly.

O

Omaha Digger

I am just getting back into it and was reading about the 3300. Thkning I was prolly too late, I called RS just to see before going to Walmart and getting the cheapy one there. They had 2 and the list was $111 on clearance and would hold one for me. When I got there, the other one had already been sold.
I ran right out to the playground with my son and found a quarter, 2 dimes, and a penny. Signals were strong and the pinpoint was dead on. The way I look at it, it's already paid for itself by saving me $200 off the list price but the fun my son had digging up the coins was even better.

I called them back later and asked if they could check city-wide. She said there were 14 listed in their computer city-wide (Omaha) and they can take a CC over the phone and drop-ship it directly to the person.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
poco said:
I've got the pinpointing down fairly well.. The only thing that I notice is that sometimes, the pinpoint area seems
to be really large, or a bunch of signals which turn out to be ghosts.. I guess it's the old rust/iron deposits or something.
But that probably happens to most detectors from what I've read.. All in all I like the detector.

Same thing happens to me Poco. Sometimes the pinpointer seems to stay on a long target, like an underground pipe or whatnot. The first couple of times I dug up big areas thinking it was something large, but after that I just go back to regular mode and triangulate the target.

O

Oxen72

I just picked up one of these today (7/31/2006) still on clearance ($111.97)!!

It was hit & miss ... I went to three stores; the first was sold out, the second (a franchise) said theirs was not on sale even though it had a $199 clearance sticker on it, and the last store had 1 display 3300 left for $111.97 so I grabbed it :).

I had a Discovery 3000 some years ago and it was great for the price ... so far this one seems to work pretty decent too.

L

LovesJeeps

Re: BH Discovery 3300 ! DFW TX area 99.95!

I'm new to MD'n, I was going to buy a BH Time Ranger from Wally World for $428 Today. Than I found this post. I called the local Radio Shack, they're holding a Discovery 3300 for me at $99.95! Even though I've done some research and had my heart set on the Time Ranger, I think I can hold off spending the extra $325. This should educate me on MD'n without any guilty feelings if I don't take to it. Thanks for the Info!

LovesJeeps
DFW TX

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the RS catalog and they have it now listed for $299.00! Guess they decided not to discontinue it after all! Monty

J

JDETT

I bought the last discovery 3300 at the Radio Shack in King of Prussia, Pa for $99.95 I took it straight to a old school yard and found about $8 in clad in an area that I thought I had cleaned out with my Minelab Quattro. This is a fun machine. The clad quarters bounced the ID numbers from 86 to 151. I thought I had multiple coins but when I removed the coin there was no signal at all.
The thing I really like about the 3300 is I "dug" all the coins with a screwdriver. I spent much less time digging and more time hunting. The targets were all dead on when I used the pinpointer. The deepest find was about 5". I had no major trouble running the power at Max but I found at 3 or 4 there was less falseing.
The Ground balance was left at Zero because it wasn't needed. I saw a 10" coil on the web for $56 I may get it an try my luck at the New Jersey shore. If you are lucky enough to find one for 100 bucks get it, there a lot of fun and easy to learn.

L

LovesJeeps

JDET,

I just buought my 3300 last week. I called the stores around town and asked specifically for the part number. I too saw the $330 amount on the RS web Site. But I know for sure if you call and use the part number listed on this thread you will get the great price!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I bought two 3300's (one fer me, one fer Dad) a month or so ago, havent realy taken the time to try it out. Over the weekend I hunted my front yard prety hard with my QXTpro, a $700 machine. Took the 3300 out there tonight & found a quarter, two nickels & 11 pennies in 45 minutes. A few of those pennies were 8 inches deep! The pinpointing is a little tricky & I put the ground ballance on preset (not quite sure how to ballance just yet) but overall, this machine kicks a$$! And when you figure I paid $112 for it I am absolutely impressed with it! I highly recomend it at the $112 price & would even say go for it at $199! Cyn, take that machine out & learn it well, you'll be kickin butt with it! ;D

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
I got a 3300 from a recommendation from Mighty AP .I LOVE this machine ! I have found so much silver its crazy ! lol i just wish i had one a long time ago.i couldn't of been finding the goodies then ! It pretty easy to use .Which makes it even more lovable. ;D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Woohoo! Im gonna take the 3300 out tomorrow & leave my Whites at home, see if I can find a ring with it. Ive been on a roll, found 4 rings since Friday, so I hope I can keep up the pace! Reddie..........Im a hardcore metal head but Eric Burdon was SOOOOOO COOL! Miles ahead of everybody else back in the day! :)

W

wes1945

I ordered one yesterday from Houston. Clerk said it was new in box, I hope so. I own a Shadow X2, really never learned how to use it. Lots of old homes in the Piney woods of East Texas when I am. Also have a place on the Gulf coast with miles of beach. Any and all advise or tips on using it would be appreciated. Wes

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
I think you'll like the 3300 Wes, I hope you got the $112 price tag! Let us know how you like it & post pics in TODAYS FINDS!

Also, Ive found that using headphones with the 3300 helps with the pinpointing immensely! When you are directly centered over the target the tone changes ever so slightly, seems the tone is fuller. I dont think I'd hear the difference with out the headphones. If you are not currently using a set of phones with your 3300, I highly recomend you try it. I think it will help any issues with pinpointing & your batteries last much longer when using them.

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mighty AP said:
Woohoo! Im gonna take the 3300 out tomorrow & leave my Whites at home, see if I can find a ring with it. Ive been on a roll, found 4 rings since Friday, so I hope I can keep up the pace! Reddie..........Im a hardcore metal head but Eric Burdon was SOOOOOO COOL! Miles ahead of everybody else back in the day! :)

I love this mans music ! I am a reg on his fans page too.I saw him in concert 2 years ago here in N.C. .My god i love that man ! lol my hubby is kinda jealous of him ! lol he's 65 now but he's still got it !

W

wes1945

Mighty AP
Thanks, Actually I paid $99 and they paid the shipping. Called back today and he shipped it UPS yesterday, it should come in tomorow or next day. Thinking about buying 1 or 2 more if they are as good as these post say they are. Kinda like a 19 inch tv, they break, throw away and get another one. Thanks again Wes

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
OK, as I said before Ive had my 3300 for close to two months & havent used it. I got my dad one for fathers day so I figured I should start learning this thing so I could help him out with questions, "how does this thing work?" I was very impressed with my first time out, great depth for the money. Today I went to a park that I have hunted & hunted & hunted, ive found 10 rings in this one park & a lot of deep coins with my Quantum. Ive been on a nice roll for the last week, 4 rings in 4 trips & my goal was to find a ring with the RS3300, & it didnt let me down! Cheap ring Im sure, but a ring is a ring! I dug it at 6 inches plus & it showed up between Quarter/Dime. Also dug a bunch of clad, many pennies were 7-8 inches deep! I played with the ground ballancing & think I figured it out, seemed to help. I will go back to my beloved QXT & I will be getting a Whites 6000diPro soon, something else to play with but I cant say enough about my little $112 machine! I hope everybody who got one has as much luck with theirs as I have! ;D
Ive found 22 rings since I got my first machine 5 months ago, I put all the rings LQ doesnt "confiscate" on a silver necklace. I used to wear it while detecting for luck but it weighs too much now! lol

Attachments

• tortuga ring.jpg
    tortuga ring.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 654
  • necklace o\' rings1.jpg
    necklace o\' rings1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 663

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread