Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped last night south of BV along the Arkansas River. About sixty in the day with lots of sun and upper teens at night with lots of moon. Ran into a character along the trail who told me more about the Salton Sea than I ever knew. (I never knew much at all, really, but boy I got a clue now, thanks to him.) Usually quiet this time of year in what we call mud season, but I see where a young skier got killed at Breck yesterday, and a young man got killed tryin to climb Mt. Princeton north west of where I was camped yesterday. Pretty country, but it can be dangerous I guess.

Attachments

• 4-10a.jpg
    4-10a.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 4-10b.jpg
    4-10b.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 4-10c.jpg
    4-10c.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 54
  • 4-10d.jpg
    4-10d.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 4-10e.jpg
    4-10e.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 41

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Brown's canyon ??

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah. That's at that Hecla Junction Campground I go to every so often.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's pretty neat down there. I haven't gone down in there in a while. How did the Salton Sea topic get brought up ?. I run into people with interesting topics some time. One old fella I ran into was telling me they have JFK's brain alive on some secret Island somewhere.

Last edited:

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice mate, your a lucky man to live so close to so many of Gods beautiful creations.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just casual conversation, tr, and I mentioned I believed the Arkansas was a little higher for this time of year due to some early warm weather, but I didn't know about the Colorado. Off he went about drainage systems and that led him to the Salton Sea. I got the impression he really knew his stuff and after a little research, yeah he did and then some. Thank goodness I didn't ask him about eels, as I was thinkin Sargasso Sea all the time. Every off-beat lookin person I see out in the woods, or even hangin around town here, I try to visit with them. You can hear some interesting takes on things. And I suppose I generally look just like one of them.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Gorgeous Pics as usual and your lake looked pretty low!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just casual conversation, tr, and I mentioned I believed the Arkansas was a little higher for this time of year due to some early warm weather, but I didn't know about the Colorado. Off he went about drainage systems and that led him to the Salton Sea. I got the impression he really knew his stuff and after a little research, yeah he did and then some. Thank goodness I didn't ask him about eels, as I was thinkin Sargasso Sea all the time. Every off-beat lookin person I see out in the woods, or even hangin around town here, I try to visit with them. You can hear some interesting takes on things. And I suppose I generally look just like one of them.
Yeah, I so enjoy some of the I folks come by and the stories they have. There are so many. One fella I ran into was an OTR truck driver who was a very serious amateur astronomer. I was in Evenston, Wyoming for the night and took a little hike out on the Bear River trail in town at the end of the day. He had a pretty high tech looking telescope he packed out there for a night of observing the stars. He had some fascinating things to tell me about the universe. He would tell me of the places he'd pull over for the night far from any man made light and look at galaxies far away. He said he became an OTR driver, just so he could do this hobby he so enjoyed.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread