*******BIG SILVER*********AGAIN

jerr-man

Jun 28, 2014
S E Kansas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / XP DEUS / TRX PINPOINTER, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My good friends Cliff and Brian decided we would go out hunting this morning before more rain.
We started out doing a little field hunting. Copperpenny and I didnt have much luck but Brian found a couple of civil war era shot bullets. Spent about an 1 1/2 here then decided to go to an empty lot I have found several silver coins and IHP at. (Really this is my honey hole, I have probably hunted this place 30 times). I wanted to put these guys on a spot. We start out slow, not getting anything but trash signals. Then I get a 12/45, 8", sweet SILVER SOUND. I start breathing heavy every time I get "that tone" and VDI. I dig down and what do you know BIG SILVER, 1950 Ben Franklin Half dollar. ARE you kidding me. The coins I have found on this spot are usually 100+ years old. This was the last coin I would expect to find here. PLUS, I have been over the area many times where I found this. I did put the 17" coil on for this hunt so I guess thats the difference. I can hunt this spot and not find anything then go back to it and find barber and IHP so I guess a spot is NEVER really hunted out. Wished my hunting partners would have found something before the rain hit but guess it wasnt meant to be. I'm smilin ALL DAY though. Had the CTX3030 in Silver Mode, +3, Fast On, Ferrous Coin. I guess if you can only have one keeper why not a 1950 Franklin Half. LOL
Great time with Great friends, doesnt get any better !!!!!! AND Oh, I might mention , my 8th Silver half for the year. (I know that sounds like braggin, AND IT IS), WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Attachments

• 02272018 hunt.JPG
    02272018 hunt.JPG
    727.9 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 40

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,