Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2496.JPG IMG_2497.JPG

It's been awhile since I've found a silver half, (was a walker about 2 or 3 years ago). I've hit this San Fernando lot about 5 times over the years and its only really produced a few wheat pennies and a nice old watch fob. It's super loaded with iron and trash. Started with my F-75 but had only a few hours to detect so went to my CTX, 6" coil, basic high trash program and I was investigating any iffy repeatable tones that were trying to bleed thru the nulls. Then I would open up the screen to double check. I had been digging a lot of broken pipe pieces and I thought that what was going to come out of the hole. I was using a pick because the dirt is rock hard. Broke up a large chunk of dirt and scraped the dirt out of the hole. That iron link was stuck to one of my magnets on the pick. While I was pulling off the iron I spied a part of the half sticking out of the dirt I had scraped out. Thought, no way and to top it all I riced the coin too :laughing7:. It's not a walker but its silver baby!!!:thumbsup:

Its also been awhile since I've scored 4 silver coins. I had been there about an hour and was getting ready to move on until I got a silver rosie. Then it was on, I really slowed it down and started gridding. Got the 1927 merc next, then another rosie. I knew there was going to be a button in there and I pulled one out next. Then the Silver half.

What a fun day. I'm heading to the Dodgers/Giants game later and if the Dodgers can win again it will be a perfect day!!!!

Upvote 9
OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2493.JPG IMG_2495.JPG

This how they came out of the dirt! Too bad I gouged the Franklin :dontknow:

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the coin shooting! :occasion14:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver finds! Always fun to see them surface cause it's usually a surprise!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all need days like that Great finds I'm happy for you!!!!Thanks for sharing your finds!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread