Bird Point(s?)

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, well we didn't get the rain they were predicting (they were talking possible flash flooding, i was kinda hoping for it to clear some of the top soil) but we still got some thankfully.
I got out today (Feb 28th) anyway to give it a shot & was lucky to spot the Triangle BIRD?(NO INSITU pic) & REALLY lucky as I was heading back that I walked up on the Bird point in-situ! 😎

Thanks for looking,
😎

Attachments

• IMG_5072.jpeg
    IMG_5072.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5064.jpeg
    IMG_5064.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5065.jpeg
    IMG_5065.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5071.jpeg
    IMG_5071.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    339.9 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 8

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True arrowhead on the second for sure, bird point is a bit misleading. I’d say #2 is a scallorn/sorters bluff/ whatever regional equivalent from your area

OP
OP
DemonCatSpaceStar

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True arrowhead on the second for sure, bird point is a bit misleading. I’d say #2 is a scallorn/sorters bluff/ whatever regional equivalent from your area
Thanks,I just called it a bird cause im very bad at IDing Arrowheads! 😄I think ive found one similar (scallorn) I think that's what everyone agreed on?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,I just called it a bird cause im very bad at IDing Arrowheads! 😄I think ive found one similar (scallorn) I think that's what everyone agreed on?
If you’re down in the se corner like I am I’d say sorters bluff, and a jug hill on the triangle, but that’s kind of splitting hairs… same shape just different name depending on location found.

The reason I mentioned true arrowhead vs bird point is because those points could bring down much larger game than birds. The size has more to do with allowing an arrow to fly. Imagine strapping 6” point to the end of an arrow, wouldn’t get far.

Like seeing Kansas stuff though. Very cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread