Bizarre Sighting in Woods - Dan and Ian Freaked Out!

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
More than likely this was a bobcat, it's not unusual for them to get 2-3 feet high when their fully grown, i've seen them that tall as well.....as for *vanishing* if it was a bobcat, it climbed a tree when u went running after it. I have seen a bobcat climb all the way to the top of a tree when scared. My mom's dogs treed one one time and it was all the way at the top of the tree hissing at us. Very cool to see. As for it being white, it could of been albino, or it could of been a really old one with white fur. If it was a cougar you would of been able to see it run away, their too big to just disappear, unless it climbed a tree as well as they are excellent climbers. -Matt

E

elle

Ian...I read this thread a long time ago and never had the chance to write a reply.

When I was younger my dad and I were in Bavaria, Germany, metal detecting on a mountain top where there were remnants of a medieval castle.
I remember it was raining and we heard some large roaring noise in the bushes. We both were startled and thought the worse...especially because we had no idea of the wildlife native to those forests!
When we got a glimpse of this animal...we had to go back down to our lodge to describe what we had seen...because it was not familar to our eyes at all.
Locals said it was a wild boar....and they can be very mean!
I looked boars up and there is evidence of these creatures in Michigan...and there are white ones in existence out there.

We also have white deer here in our Illinois woods area. Supposedly they were sent over from Europe decades ago by a millionaire who collected rare animals. From what I understand they mated and escaped...LOL.

Hope that helps you out!
All the best,
Laura

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have information from very reliable sources that the reason the Michigan DNR won't confirm cougars in the state is because it's a money issue. Cougars are endangered and as such require special treatment mandated by the Feds which is costly and the state doesn't have the money.

They're here, no doubt about it. There have been too many sightings and I have seen several photos. One, in particular, taken from a tree stand near where I live during bow season is unmistakable.

Jim

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was really me out there dowsing in a costume! (lol)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because you confirmed you saw a cougar doesn't mean you are not carazy. I met a couple of dozen Tnet members on the recent CTH III hunt and have proof that all MDers are just a little crazy. But as you have seen, you can even get mental therapy here on Tnet. You're well! Now go out and do some wacky detecting and find some goodies where you saw that critter. M :tard: nty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread