Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the day off, so I headed to the beach in RI with my metal detector. I got off the highway and stopped at the first bank. Walked into a jackpot!

They had $10.50 loose, when she held em up I saw a bunch of shiny rims. And after asking about three times, the teller remembered the $140 cwr's in her coin vault. I saw most of the rolls written on: 1969, 1969, 1967,1967, 1968, 1980's, 1970's, etc, and some blank. I was like, "Are these really what I think they are?! Solid rolls?!"

Results:

rolls.jpg
rolls close up.jpg
DSC_0062.jpg
overview.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

The breakdown was: 8 solid rolls - 7 full of 40%'s, and one with 18 40% and 2 1964. Six rolls were marked what years they had in em, 2 were unmarked but all silver. The clad marked rolls - the one market 1776-1976 had 4 1964's. The loose: 1 Ben, 1 1964s, 5 40%'s.

Total: 163 40%'s & 8 90%'s. Best. Finds. Ever. 27.3 oz silver.

PS - Rhode Island beaches really got hit from Sandy. I walked onto the beach, and left within a few minutes. There was damage everywhere. I had found my treasure for the day.

Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow im glad someone found some silver, what a catch!! All i figured out today was that i have competition in my area, some guy dumped 3 boxes at a local branch..i guess thats a pretty good thing to know tho! How long will you wait till you stop in this bank again? I had a big hit a few weeks ago and i'm wondering if i should just call every once in awhile to see if they got any more in..what are your thoughts?

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find bro! Totally blows away my 8-90%'s find today.

It's funny you and OnARoll finally inspired me to buy that roll today.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad to be of service lol, our newbie luck!

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I went back to get any quarter & dime CWR's i could from this bank, and then they wanted to know if I had an account. They offered to have me open one, but knowing I was so far from home, it didn't feel right even bothering. I am still contemplating whether I should have just done it. Maybe I should drive the hour back there tomorrow...

OP
OP
Mr. Silver Stash

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other

It's hard to beat finding silver at face value, except getting it for free in the reject bin, or dirt fishing!

btw - MKULLTRA is my actual brother. He is setting up his CRH operation, and will be finding grandpa's collection soon I'm sure!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job mr stash. I'm way overdue for a decent score but its inspiring to see a nice score like yours. Congrats.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go man! Welcome to the jackpot club. That is a lot of coin there! Now the rule of thumb is to share it with the rest of us, so divvy it up and I'll collect my share :laughing9:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Score! I too am hoping to find some solid rolls cashed in during the holidays

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet haul... You can tell those were freshly wrapped too.. I bet you are glad you got your hands on them before someone else did..

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! Thats what i find when i do 50 to 60 boxes in a good week. I don't think i will ever find a full roll. everyone here has coin counters.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friggin awesome. I am amazed how many people are getting solid rolls the last few weeks! I got my first solid rolls of 90s recently too. Get out there and get yours everybody! This time of year people need cash & are turning them in.

Congrats on your awesome score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread