Boris B Gordon Oil Painting $3

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Seascape by Boris B Gordon at a local thrift store today for $3. It is dated 1962 and frame is 29 5/8 x 23 5/8. He was known as the "Painter of Presidents" in his day. I am trying to find a value on this. It was so dirty. I lightly wiped it with a damp cotton cloth before the picture. I REALLY like it and am trying to decide if is a keeper or seller. This is also posted in the Thrift Store forum. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_2649.JPG
    IMG_2649.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
Upvote 6

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice find Steve I don't know Art but the frame and pic are for sure worth much more than 3 dollars hope you make a good profit. Tommy

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closest that I found online was for an auction estimate of $200-$400 for another seascape by him. I was hoping for better but that wouldn't be bad for a $3 purchase. We had been in the store earlier today and it wasn't out. My wife picked up a really nice Hindu bracelet and some other pieces and then we went to the Mexican place for lunch. After lunch, we went back to the thrift store and it was hanging on the wall. Check out my post in the thrift shop forum to see pictures of the bracelet.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats. great I do alot of estate and yard salles I wish I new more about antiques and paintings could make very good money you did well my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread