heres some cool metal finds from 10+ years of bottle digging

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Ian i like to dig old dumps i find in the woodsI found a clay flower pot in tack. My wife had a friend that lived next door,she gave it to her. My best find ever and she gave it away. Probably worth a fortune, oh well the lady who has it, has gone to hevan. Think she took the flower pot with her.

OP
OP
Ian Gerhard

Ian Gerhard

Jan 21, 2013
Old pots are hard to find intact, that was nice of you to pass it on. I dig mostly dumps with a few privys here and there when i can. I just recently got back into detecting because of a lack of spots to dig. I still find bottles occasionally while detecting, no complaints here lol.

62dold

Jan 13, 2013
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white, bounty hunter, white tresure ray,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is treasure hunting , weather it be M D ,gold panning ,dump digging, under water M D' i'm all for it. I keep an open mind, so if i'm gold panning and a dump show's up toss the pan and grab the shovel. treasure comes in all different forms.

OP
OP
Ian Gerhard

Ian Gerhard

Jan 21, 2013
That is what keeps us ahead of most diggers. I never tried gold panning but helped my brother get some gear. I live in Northeast PA and hear of gold stories, but dont know where I would be allowed to look. Any ideas or tips on getting started?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Man...Love the shadowbox collection...Im loving those old Keys...Ive only found like 3 or so detecting.

Great stuff!..Keep us posted on your future finds

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah cool finds. I used to dig out old wells when I was a kid till my parents caught me. Even today I start hitting old bottles and stuff I am game. Shadow box looks great. Nice looking display. Look forward to your post and finds. Welcome to t-net.

OP
OP
Ian Gerhard

Ian Gerhard

Jan 21, 2013
Thanks guys! I knew others would appreciate it, I will keep you posted as I find more. I love old keys myself, Im trying to figure out what door the big brass one unlocked. I think either a jail or church. I tried digging a few wells but the water table wasnt on my side. Happy Hunting!

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds you have Love the old keys HH

wwkayaker

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Saint Clair, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Bounty hunter Tracker 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottle digging, I don't do it. I am a md'r, but I ran into a lot of bottles over the last week, they are older, early 1900's and some back to 1800's. just gave away a 18something blue bottle. Most of what I find is on private land, I buy a permit every year, and there is more land than u can drive walk hike and see in a lifetime.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and those are some great artifacts you've dug.That pocket watch caught my eye immediately.

OP
OP
Ian Gerhard

Ian Gerhard

Jan 21, 2013
Bottle digging, I don't do it. I am a md'r, but I ran into a lot of bottles over the last week, they are older, early 1900's and some back to 1800's. just gave away a 18something blue bottle. Most of what I find is on private land, I buy a permit every year, and there is more land than u can drive walk hike and see in a lifetime.

I was always a bottle digger, just the past year or two I got into detecting. I had a little Radio shack detector when I was growing up but lost interest like most after digging tons of junk. Im really happy to get back into it now, I couldn't dream of living without one. If you ever need help with bottles let me know, I don't know it all but more than most.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread